We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day plus tickets

Which Bremerhaven hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Goodlettsville...
reviews: 1
day plus tickets

I'll be coming in to Bremerhaven on a cruise, September 17th (a Monday). Although I've read there is a port shuttle once an hour for 5 euros to the train station, it seems a city bus to the train station is more flexible on timing and cheaper. The vbn English version website is currently under construction, and my German is not very good. I believe that the day plus ticket would cost 23,90 and carry 2 adults from Bremerhaven to Bremen and back, including the bus/tram in both Bremerhaven and Bremen. Could anyone confirm this? Also, if I understand the website, it appears that I can buy this 23,90 ticket on the bus from the busdriver in Bremerhaven. Is this accurate, that every city bus driver would have this available and be willing to sell you this ticket? It seems such a short ride from the cruise port area to the train, I guess I'm unclear that a driver would have the time to be fooling with such things. Alternatively, can anyone advise from the cruise terminal in Bremerhaven, where there is a ticket machine to dispense such a ticket? Thank you for your help.

3 replies to this topic
Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
reviews: 3
1. Re: day plus tickets

For the bus driver it is only a matter of pressing the right button, take your money and hand you the printout, so it would not surprise me if its possible.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
2. Re: day plus tickets

> I believe that the day plus ticket would cost 23,90 and carry 2 adults from Bremerhaven to Bremen and back, including the bus/tram in both Bremerhaven and Bremen.

Confirmed.

A Tagesticket Plus for EUR 23,90 covers the whole VBN local public transport association (of the greater Bremen area).

> Is this accurate, that every city bus driver would have this available and be willing to sell you this ticket?

Yes. The buses inside the VBN area are equipped to sell VBN tickets. At least single tickets and such day tickets.

But pay fairly exact. E.g. give the driver EUR 25,00. Or at max. EUR 30,00.

Goodlettsville...
reviews: 1
3. Re: day plus tickets

Thank you very much! What a wonderful price that is, to cover so much.

Reply to: day plus tickets
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bremerhaven
More Bremerhaven Topics