We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hunting information about my grandmother

Which Bremerhaven hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
blackshear
Hunting information about my grandmother

I am trying to find anyone that may recognise the name, Maria Henietta Hastedt. She was born in 1872 in Bremerhaven from what informationI I have. She came to the United States as a nanny and married my granddaddy, Henry Arthur Bowick.

aknowlton@atc.cc

Hamburg, Germany
reviews: 4
1. Re: Hunting information about my grandmother

Did you already hear about the new museum that was opened in Hamburg this year? It shows the history of the emigrants who left Germany for America between 1850 and 1939. It also offers a data base where one can do some research. May be you can find some information there:

http://www.ballinstadt.de/en/index.php

Freiburg im...
2. Re: Hunting information about my grandmother

The German Emigration Center in Bremerhaven:

dah-bremerhaven.de/english/hauptseite_e.html

Tampa, Florida
reviews: 7
3. Re: Hunting information about my grandmother

Go to www.rootsweb.com -- you'll find loads of tutorials, links, and message boards.

Alternately, try www.cyndislist.com -- an enormous collection of genealogy-related links, sorted by region.

4. Re: Hunting information about my grandmother

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, September 10, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Bremerhaven
More Bremerhaven Topics