We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days in Berlin

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
reviews: 31
2 days in Berlin

I'm in Berlin next weekend, and I'm just trying to put something together to do/see next sat/sun.

Somewhere I can walk from one place to another, so far I've got

Reichstag Building

Berlin Hohenschoenhausen Memorial .

Topography of Terror ?

Memorial of the Berlin Wall .

Brandenburg Gate

The Holocaust Memorial

Gendarmenmarkt

Not really into museums, and walking round them, would rather be outside seeing things from outside.

not sure how to put them into order, or nearest and within walking distance thanks.

I'm staying at Adina Apartment Hotel Hackescher Markt

3 replies to this topic
London, United...
reviews: 10
1. Re: 2 days in Berlin

As you're into walking, and don't mind not going inside places, and as you've only two days (I assume that's what you mean by a weekend) I would suggest you do one of the walking tours. Insider Tours and Berlin Walks are both good: knowledgeable, enthusiastic guides tell you about what you're seeing, so you learn something about the history and culture while you're at it. The basic tour, which starts at Hackescher Markt, will take you past the Reichstag, the Brandenburger Tor, the Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe (aka Holocaust Memorial), Gendarmenmarkt, and the Topography of Terror, which knocks off more than half your list.

You cannot walk to Hohenschönhausen: it's miles out to the east. The M6 tram takes about half an hour to get there, and there is then a 10-15 minute walk to the site. You need to register in advance - do so quickly, as it is a popular destination. There are tours in English on Saturdays and Sundays at 14.30: be there half an hour earlier.

For the Berlin Wall Memorial, walk up Rosenthaler Strasse to Weinmeisterstrasse U-bahn (about 5 minutes) and take the U8, direction Wittenau, to Bernauer Strasse. You could walk it, but it would take about half an hour - the Ubahn will take 5 minutes, total 10 minutes leaving you more time to spend there. And there is a lot to see and to read.

If you do the wallking tour on your first morning, you could spend the afternoon at the Topography of Terror, and the next day see the Wall Memorial in the morning, and go to Hohenschönhausen in the afternoon. Return to Hackescher Markt for the M6 tram to Hohenschönhausen. If you leave the Memorial at around 12.15-12.30, you should get to the prison by 2.

Edited: 3:59 pm, May 30, 2014
Manchester, United...
reviews: 31
2. Re: 2 days in Berlin

Brilliant thanks for that. I.ve a starting point to work round.

Houston, Texas
reviews: 270
3. Re: 2 days in Berlin

With your interests definitely do a walking tour.

Original Berlin Tours (berlinwalks.de/public/…Discover)

Insider Tours (insidertour.com/tours.php/cat/27/id/40/title…)

You may even rather do the Third Reich Tour instead.

berlinwalks.de/public/…ThirdReich

insidertour.com/tours.php/…Third_Reich_Berlin

Reply to: 2 days in Berlin
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted