We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to hotel,hotel to bus station,train station to hotel

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Aberdeen, United...
Airport to hotel,hotel to bus station,train station to hotel

Hi,

I am going to Berlin on 11th July. On 15th July I am taking the Euroline bus to go to Prague. On the 23rd I am returning to Berlin by train from Vienna.

Could someone please tell me the best public transport options to go from:

1. Berlin Schoenefeld airport (arriving at 12noon) to Best Western Premier Moa in Berlin city

2. Best Western Premier Moa to ZOB Am Funkturm (hope this is correct, says so on the ticket) bus station (need to be here at 14:30)

3. Berlin hbf (arriving at 18:30) to Intercity Hotel Brandenburg Schoenefeld

It will be a huge help if one could also give a rough idea of the cost of tickets for the above transfers.

Many thanks & regards

7 replies to this topic
Berlin, Germany
reviews: 27
1. Re: Airport to hotel,hotel to bus station,train station to hotel

Hi Shuvo R.

I'll help you out a bit:

1. Take the Airport Express train from Schoenefeld to station Zoologischer Garten. There change for underground line U9 (direction Osloer Strasse). The hotel is located at station Birkenstrasse (3rd stop after Zoo station). For details about the Airport Express check this: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187323-s301/Berlin:G…

2.Take underground line U9 from Birkenstrasse to Westhafen (1 stop). There change for the S-Bahn S42 (city circle train) to station Messe Nord/ ICC (4 stops). The exit is Messe Nord/ ICC and the ZOB is only 250 meters away.

3.The hotel is next to Schoenefeld Airport and the Airport Express train takes you there from Hauptbahnhof.

If you need a public transport map, here's one as a pdf-file: bvg.de/index.php/…1-1

You can also check connections yourself by using the BVG journey planner: fahrinfo-berlin.de/Fahrinfo/bin/query.bin/en…

Aberdeen, United...
2. Re: Airport to hotel,hotel to bus station,train station to hotel

Many thanks indeed. It is most helpful.

Aberdeen, United...
3. Re: Airport to hotel,hotel to bus station,train station to hotel

Hi,

I will have to bother you with another query, hopefully the last.

Is it advisable to buy these train tickets beforehand or are they easily available at the time of travel?

Thanks & regards

Berlin, Germany
reviews: 27
4. Re: Airport to hotel,hotel to bus station,train station to hotel

I think this will answer your question: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187323-s303/Berlin:G…

If you plan to buy single tickets, you should buy them as a pack of four, which is cheaper. But that is described under "Regular Tickets" in the article as well.

If you have a smartphone you can also download the BVG app which let's you purchase tickets (though not the pack of four) online: http://www.bvg.de/index.php/de/1288354/name/Online+Tickets.html

Johannesburg, South...
reviews: 42
5. Re: Airport to hotel,hotel to bus station,train station to hotel

Thank you regarding the BVG app.

How does that work for validating?

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
6. Re: Airport to hotel,hotel to bus station,train station to hotel

> Is it advisable to buy these train tickets beforehand

No. At all train, S-Bahn and U-Bahn stations there are ticket machines where you can buy these tickets on spot. At the larger ones there are also counters or sales points (e.g. newspaper stalls) where you can buy tickets from a person.

I would not recommend for a tourist to buy the pack of four ticket or to use the BVG app to buy tickets.

If you don't know your plans exactly you may end with unused tickets left over. Which voids any savings. And at your first listed travel days you may want to do more than just one trip. Check out the day tickets or the Berlin Welcome Card.

With the app you have to register first to buy tickets. Not worth the effort for a few tickets. And gains you in the end nothing. One thing is e.g. that these tickets are only valid with a valid photo ID. This would mean for an UK citizen which has no national ID card to carry your passport around.

Aberdeen, United...
7. Re: Airport to hotel,hotel to bus station,train station to hotel

I must thank all you guys for your kind advices and then embark on the perilous task of planning my itinerary for the 3 full days in Berlin. I have made a list of destinations I would like to visit and now need to cluster them in terms of proximity as well as vantage visiting times.

Reply to: Airport to hotel,hotel to bus station,train station to hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted