We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas markets 2013

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cape Town
reviews: 2
Christmas markets 2013

Hi, we will be in Berlin 26, 27 and 28 nov. any advise on lovely Christmas markets in Berlin with interestiung activities on offer? what market is not to be missed? what is the entrance fees to markets?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
reviews: 54
1. Re: Christmas markets 2013

The markets will have just opened, so you're in luck. All are free, except for the market at Gendarmenmarkt which has a nominal fee - €2 I think. The market at the Rotes Rathaus is my personal favourite - there are lots of beer/gluhwein stalls, a whole range of market stalls, an ice rink and a ferris wheel. The others are mainly market stalls, and there is a lot of overlap in what's offered for sale.

Berlin, Germany
reviews: 32
2. Re: Christmas markets 2013

My favourite one in the past couple of years was the one at Charlottenburg Palace (Schloß Charlottenburg). All the stalls are in front of the palace and you have everything from food stalls, Glühwein to all kind of other stuff. You might even find the odd christmas present there. What I don't like at some other christmas markets, especially the really big ones, is that you find stalls who sell odd things like socks. Perfectly fine on a normal market but for me personally out of place on a Christmas market. ;-)

Cape Town
reviews: 2
3. Re: Christmas markets 2013

thanks! will put that on top of the list!

4. Re: Christmas markets 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 19, 2014