We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

radisson blu berlin

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wales
reviews: 2
radisson blu berlin

we are 10 older adults going to stay in radisson blu in july for weekend...are we choosing a good hotel for its location...? are there plenty bars /pubs within walking distance?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
reviews: 58
1. Re: radisson blu berlin

It's in a pretty good location for walking to key sights such as Unter den Linden and Museumsinsel, and there are lots of bars and restaurants in the Hackescher Markt area which isn't far away. However, it's a bit of a soulless location, as it's right on Karl-Liebknecht-Strasse, a wide main artery, and part of the DomAquaree complex which is largely an office block.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Crete
reviews: 10
2. Re: radisson blu berlin

I would agree with that. The hotel seems to be well liked, and it is walking distance to many of the sights, but I wouldn't like to stay in Karl- Liebknecht Strasse however nice the hotel. I'd suggest investigating hotels in the Hackescher Markt or Rosenthaler Platz areas, which are a good deal pleasanter and surrounded by bars and pubs and restaurants. Perhaps have a look at the Circus Hotel and the Ibis Styles (both at Rosenthaler Platz) and the Adina Apart Hotel Hackescher Markt.

Edited: 6:37 am, March 16, 2013
wales
3. Re: radisson blu berlin

so what about the westin grand??...

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Crete
4. Re: radisson blu berlin

You're welcome. :-)

It's a better location than the Radisson Blu, but a more commercial area than the two I mentioned, and you'll have to walk further to find the bars and pubs you want. Also, there is a transport issue: if you want to travel north on the U6, you'll have to walk up to Friedrichstrasse: the line is closed between Französische Strasse.

Did you look at the hotels I suggested?

Edited: 11:29 am, March 16, 2013
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Crete
5. Re: radisson blu berlin

Correction: the line is closed between Französische Strasse and Friedrichstrasse.

wales
6. Re: radisson blu berlin

we really fancy radisson because of pool...is it short walk to bars and pubs?...

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
7. Re: radisson blu berlin

From 10 minutes to over an hour, depending on where you go. As I've said to you before, Berlin nightlife is spread all over the city. If nightlife is your main reason for going, it's not a good place to stay. Or the Westin.

wales
8. Re: radisson blu berlin

so where is recomended for bars and pubs...not clubs...but hotel must have swimming pool

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
9. Re: radisson blu berlin

You have a choice between bars and the pool. They are pretty much mutually-exclusive. The area suggested by Alabastron is ideal, but no pool. If that's a deal-breaker, go for the Radisson but just beware of the drawbacks and the need to travel to nightlife.

Adelaide, Australia
reviews: 36
10. Re: radisson blu berlin

Your patience is admirable...