We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Berlin airport

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 3
Berlin airport

Hi can anyone help please , I can't make head s or tails of the websites , can any one help me get from schonefeld airport to the angleterre hotel in Berlin ?

Bath, United Kingdom
reviews: 2
1. Re: Berlin airport

Take the X7 bus from Schönefeld airport to Rudow U-Bahn station. Take the U7 to Mehringdamm, then switch to the U6 to Kochstraße.

The Angleterre Hotel is 250 metres from the Kochstraße U-Bahn station.

I would advise against taking an S-Bahn or regional train to Friedrichstraße and then changing to the U6 as this section of the U6 is currently closed.

hotel-angleterre.de/…

s-bahn-berlin.de/fahrplanundnetz/pdf_linien/…

Edited: 4:52 pm, January 13, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
2. Re: Berlin airport

Thanks very much , have you any idea how long the this trip could take roughly ?

Bath, United Kingdom
3. Re: Berlin airport

It should take around 40 - 45 minutes.

Dublin, Ireland
4. Re: Berlin airport

Again thanks very much , any Idea on a taxi time and cost ?

Bath, United Kingdom
5. Re: Berlin airport

A taxi will take 25 - 30 minutes. As for cost, I couldn't tell you. I never use them in Berlin as there is no need to do so. Berlin's public transport network is outstanding.

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 75
6. Re: Berlin airport

I believe a taxi will be about €35

London, United...
reviews: 10
7. Re: Berlin airport

Those directions make sense, but I would be inclined instead to take the airport express to Alexanderplatz and a taxi from there. It's a compromise that I think might be considerably quicker than the bus and Ubahn trip.

Another possibility, if you haven't much luggage, would be airport express to Alexanderplatz and the U2 to Hausvogteiplatz, about a 15 minute walk to the hotel.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
reviews: 8
8. Re: Berlin airport

Taxi cd be nearer 40€.

Alabastron's compromise of taxi from Alexanderplatz is a good one price-wise. I've done it in reverse a couple of times when I've had a lot of luggage I don't want to drag to the U-Bahn, taken a taxi from our flat to Alexanderplatz to get the Airport express. Total for taxi + train ticket of 10 or 11€. I've never taken a taxi right to SXF as the train is as quick as a taxi from central Berlin.

Tegel airport is a different story, taxi from there to Mitte is approx. 20€ only and is much quicker than public transport options

Edited: 5:30 am, January 14, 2013
Bath, United Kingdom
9. Re: Berlin airport

I personally would stick with the bus / U-Bahn combination. Why add the cost of a taxi when the cost of a single ticket on the regional train to Alexanderplatz is exactly the same as the cost of a single ticket using the bus, U7 and U6 and I have described?

Also, I always buy a 7-day pass for my week-long trips to Berlin, so if I have the pass, why not use it?

I guess it is down to personal preference.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
reviews: 8
10. Re: Berlin airport

It think it also depends on how much luggage you have and how far you want to pull it, how many flights of stairs you want to deal with etc (lifts don't always work, where they actually exist). I normally do train or S-Bahn + tram, have even done that bus + U-Bahn + U-Bahn combination a couple of times, but normally I only have wheeled hand-luggage.

The weather also plays a part: one time I booked the taxi because I didn't want to pull the large suitcase plus the trolley in pouring rain. Admittedly it's a rather more than 250 yards in my case but even in 250 yards you can get pretty wet.