We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tegel to Westin Grand

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Louis
reviews: 29
Tegel to Westin Grand

I am still confused after reading all the posts on transportation from Tegel to the Westin Grand which is on Friedrichstrasse and Unter der Linden. We were going to take a taxi which everyone says is about 25 Euros, but I just read about the scam. If I want to take public transportation, exactly how to I do it? Any help is really appreciated.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
1. Re: Tegel to Westin Grand

Just take the JetExpress Bus TXL to the stop "Unter den Linden/Friedrichstr.". 31 minutes. There is a bus every 5-10 minutes. This bus stop is just 150 m from your hotel. Single ticket is EUR 2,40.

Tegel airport map

bvg.de/index.php/…1-1

London, United...
reviews: 10
2. Re: Tegel to Westin Grand

The JetExpress bus is your best and cheapest option. But if you want to take a taxi, don't worry about being scammed.

It has never happened to me, and I've never heard of it happening to anyone else until those two rogue posts appeared. As you've probably read, most experienced people here weren't convinced by those posts. Berlin taxis are metered, and drivers are overwhelmingly honest.

Saint Louis
3. Re: Tegel to Westin Grand

Thanks for putting my mind at ease.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
reviews: 8
4. Re: Tegel to Westin Grand

i agree with Alabastron, take a taxi, it's a lot more comfortable. I've also taken taxis lots of times to and from Tegel and always paid around 20€ to "my " bit of Mitte. The route used varies because of roadworks etc

The TXL "jet express" isn't a real express bus, it's a bus that starts at the airport and stops at practically all stops and people get on and off all along the route so it can take quite a bit longer than half an hour depending on time of day (schooll's out etc) . The bus isn't specially equipped for large pieces of luggage either so using it to get to the airport is even worse.

For Schönefeld I normally use public transport option because taxi is 40€-ish and train/S-Bahn is more comfortable than the bus.

Saint Louis
5. Re: Tegel to Westin Grand

We will have 2 big pieces of luggage so the bus doesn't sound like a easy choice. Once again, thanks for everyone's help.

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 15
6. Re: Tegel to Westin Grand

Take a taxi and be alert. Most of them are honest. When you travel you cannot be cheapskate if you have tons of luggage. Just feel sorry for the guys if they are trying to scam you. What goes around come around. The scammer will pay either way.

7. Re: Tegel to Westin Grand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, December 15, 2013