We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Availability of taxis in Berlin re booking for Novotel Mitte

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
N Ireland
reviews: 6
Availability of taxis in Berlin re booking for Novotel Mitte

I am considering booking a room for several days this summer in the Novotel Mitte as the room rates are unbeatable there. However an attractive alternative is the Jolly on Friedrichstrasse as it appears to be much better located for restaurants & nightlife. However it is at least double the price of the Novotel, which appears to be in a much quieter area. If taxis were easy to get then the location would be perhaps less relevant. Can anyone comment on the following?

1. Are taxis easy to hail in the busier areas, particularly say up to midnight?

2. Are there particular days of the week when availability is more limited?

3. Does anyone know if there are any taxis stationed outside the Novotel?

4. Is the Novotel Mitte in a safe area?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Berlin, Germany
reviews: 5
1. Re: Availability of taxis in Berlin re booking for Novotel Mitte

Hi,

you're right. The area around the Novotel is much quieter than around Friedrichstr. But from the Novotel you can easily get to busier areas with subway. It just takes you 5 minutes to Friedrichstr. and 10 minutes to the Kollwitzplatz where you also find many great restaurants.

By the way: The Friedrichstraße is everything but great for nightlife/restaurants. The areas around Kollwitzplatz / Hackescher Markt / Oranienburger Str. are much better.

In the city centre Taxis normally are available especially as there are many Hotels, even in the proximity of the Novotel. The area itself is of course safe.

berlin
reviews: 5
2. Re: Availability of taxis in Berlin re booking for Novotel Mitte

I agree with Solid and have several other things to stress:

1. Most hotels would call a taxi for you

2. Public transportation is wonderful in Berlin, and you're within a walking distance from U-Bahn (underground) stations; there is also night bus.

3. Berlin is in general safe, adn Novotel area is safe.

Forgive me for my passimism, but I usually read the "bad" reviews:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187323-d250454…

There aren't any for this hotel.

N Ireland
reviews: 6
3. Re: Availability of taxis in Berlin re booking for Novotel Mitte

Thank you both for your help. Your advice has enabled me to decide to choose the Novotel. I've stayed in a number of Novotels before in London & Prague, and even if they are a bit sterile, as one reviewer has noted, I have always found them to be very clean, comfortable & modern. The reviews for this one are very positive - the only slight negative raised was in relation to its location. Judging by what I have read to date, taxis in Berlin are very reasonable when compared to New York & London, and the U-bahn is just a short walk away. Both of these mean that location isn't as big an issue, particularly as similar quality, better located hotels are twice the price.

Portland, Oregon USA
4. Re: Availability of taxis in Berlin re booking for Novotel Mitte

I booked a room at this hotel for a trip in April. The price was excellent.

For a good map that shows public transit stops, try berliner-stadtplan.com

Just punch in the hotel's address.