We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train travel out of Berlin

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oklahoma City...
reviews: 58
Train travel out of Berlin

I want to travel from Berlin to Bamberg this May. I have found the web page to purchase tickets (thanks to Trip Advisor). When looking at the train schedules I see a Berlin Hbf and a Berlin Hbf (tief) I do not know the difference between the two. I have also read in the forum that it is better to purchase the ticket on line, is this correct?

Hamburg, Germany
1. Re: Train travel out of Berlin

Berlin Hbf has tracks on differtent levels. Hoch is the higher level, tief the lower level. Both are in the same building, so no difference for you.

Booking a specific connection at a special fare in advance is cheaper than booking an the spot, at that time only standard fare tickets can be bought.

Berlin, Germany
reviews: 6
2. Re: Train travel out of Berlin

You can book online and print off your own tickets at home.

However remember to bring the credit/charge card you use to pay for the tickets with you, as you will need to show both the card as well as the ticket you printed when asked by the conductor on the train.

3. Re: Train travel out of Berlin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:40 am, June 20, 2013