We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Frankfurt to wurzburg

Which Wurzburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sdney
Frankfurt to wurzburg

Hi just read the post, I am currently in Frankfurt and intending to go to wurzburg I'm finding it hard to find where to book a train fare. Can someone help, I got confused with the on line train fares, should I go in person to the train station and book?

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
1. Re: Frankfurt to wurzburg

You don't have to "book" anything. You can just buy a ticket and hop on the next train.

If you buy (well) in advance you can get discounted tickets. However on this route they are not that much cheaper than the standard fare tickets.

If you plan a day trip to Würzburg the cheapest option is to use regional trains and buy 2 tickets.

1. RMV day ticket from Frankfurt to Kahl which is EUR 14,25

2. Bayern Ticket which is EUR 22 for 1 person

Bayern Ticket covers all regional trains in Bavaria. Kahl is the first stop inside Bavaria. Bayern Ticket covers furthermore also the trams and buses in Würzburg. Bayern Ticket is valid

Mo-Fr: from 9am till 3am next day

Sa,Su: from midnight till 3am next day

You don't have to do anything in Kahl. Just stay seated.

You can buy both tickets from ticket machines in Frankfurt.

Sdney
2. Re: Frankfurt to wurzburg

Thank you so much for the information. So glad you replied I was getting desperate.

3. Re: Frankfurt to wurzburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 13, 2013