We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 day in Dresden OR a third day in Amsterdam?

Which Rothenburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rio de Janeiro...
1 day in Dresden OR a third day in Amsterdam?

Hi. I'm going to visit for the first time Berlin and Amsterdam in march.

In your opinion, what's the best option?

* 6 days in Berlin + 2 days in Amsterdam

* 5 days in Berlin + 1 Dresden + 2 Amsterdam

* 5 days in berlin + 3 Amsterdam

Thanks for your attention.

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 75
1. Re: 1 day in Dresden OR a third day in Amsterdam?

i would go for 5 Berlin and 3 Amsterdam, 2 days is too little to see Amsterdam . Visiting Dresden is more travel time away from the other cities with only a short time in Dresden.

If you you are arriving in Amsterdam from Brasil then you will loose some time due to jet lag!

Rio de Janeiro...
2. Re: 1 day in Dresden OR a third day in Amsterdam?

Thanks, Bongo! I really apreciated your opinion.

Actually, I will be in Prague before coming to Berlin. So I will get through Desden. Thought about stoppingover at Dresden to check another city different from the cosmopolitan Berlin. I don't know if Dresden would be one of the "right" places to feel a little bit about Germany, besides the opened Berlin. People say that.

So I'm Budapest (2) > Prague (3) > Dresden (1) > Berlin (5) > Amsterdam (2).

There´s something about it that the night train Ber > Ams costs a lot. And by bus, there are only (by Budbus.com) on Tue and Thu (39euros), so if change Dresden to Ams, I can get the Thu bus...

Travelling situations...

Cheers from Rio de Janeiro

New York
reviews: 90
3. Re: 1 day in Dresden OR a third day in Amsterdam?

As much as I love Berlin, I would spend at least a day in Dresden. 2 would not be too much. Berlin is essentially a late 19th Century city, made over since 1989. Dresden - well, Neustadt (new city) was built in the early 1700's. It is also much smaller that Berlin, so most things to see are reached by foot or streetcar. The trip to Dresden is not that far, but you can compute the time.

4. Re: 1 day in Dresden OR a third day in Amsterdam?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, February 17, 2015