We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 day in Rothenberg o.d.t.

Which Rothenburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
massachusetts usa
1 day in Rothenberg o.d.t.

We will leave Munich by train 7am arrive R obt approx 9:30. and leave the next morning.

Is it possible to visit Neuschwanstein Castle from R obt in one day

We are travelling on a German rail pass so can hop on and off I guess

Thank you

qquubbic

london
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
reviews: 162
1. Re: 1 day in Rothenberg o.d.t.

Yes but journey takes abt 5 hoursfrom R o d T toFuessen.

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
2. Re: 1 day in Rothenberg o.d.t.

Neuschwanstein is nowhere near Rothenburg.

How about seeing Rothenburg itself while you are there...?

massachusetts usa
3. Re: 1 day in Rothenberg o.d.t.

Thanks Guys, I guess I got my geography mixed up, we can best see Neuschwanstein from Munich.

We are going to Rothenburg specifically to see the town. I hope it is as lovely as everyone says

qquubbic

Richmond, Virginia
reviews: 133
4. Re: 1 day in Rothenberg o.d.t.

Yes, the town is as lovely as everyone says! It has been many years since I was in Rothenburg and just recently returned fro a visit. I was saddened by the number of touristy shops but you can easily overlook them and enjoy the scenic medieval town.

Adelaide, Australia
reviews: 35
5. Re: 1 day in Rothenberg o.d.t.

Rothenburg was absolutely lovely. The walls, the towers, the half timbered houses, the churches, the town gates, castle garden, the resident's colourful gardens, the geranium flower boxes, the strawberry cake,... Loved all of it.

6. Re: 1 day in Rothenberg o.d.t.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 16, 2014