We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling from Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Frankfurt

Which Rothenburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 7
Traveling from Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Frankfurt

I will be leaving Rothenburg ob der Tauber and have 3 nights before flying home from Frankfurt. I would like to stay at Hotel Auf Schoenburg in Oberwessel at least one of the nights (if availabe), see the castle Burg Eltz and take a cruise on the Rhine river. Can anyone please tell me how I could or if I could accomplish this! I will be traveling by train from Italy to Germany. I'm not opposed to renting a car if driving is necessary. I wanted to stay in a smaller pretty town or city outside of Frankfurt my last night prior to departure and wondered about Mainz, etc. I

Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
reviews: 100
1. Re: Traveling from Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Frankfurt

Yes, it can be done. I did the opposite route, Frankfurt to Oberwessel to Rothenburg ob der Tauber by train. It took several changes of trains from Oberwessel to Rothenburg, though. Check the website for the German train system www.bahn.com and plug in times and dates. Advice: don't plan on taking the last train of the day to your final destination. We planned to take the final train of the day, one of the connecting trains was late and we missed the connection. Luckily the wonderful people at the train station were able to reroute is, but it was a tense few minutes.

The little villages along the Rhine are all very pretty and interconnected by train (and boat). We stayed at the youth hostel in Oberwessel, next to the castle hotel. It is quite a steep hike from the train station to the hotel so we took taxis. Another nice village to stay in is Bacharach.

2. Re: Traveling from Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Frankfurt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 24, 2012