We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation to Dinkelsbuhl in late March, 13

Which Dinkelsbuhl hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Italy, Texas
reviews: 16
Transportation to Dinkelsbuhl in late March, 13

I need a little help with advice on the bus/train to Dinkelsbuhl. I am leaving from Frankfurt airport upon arrival from the USA. I see there are trains that direction, but I'm not sure about where to go to find the bus schedule from Dombuhl(?) perhaps to Dinkelsbuhl. I have visited Rottenburg before, so the quickest route to Wurzburg and/or Dinkelsbuhl. I only have 2 days/1 night to visit the area, so the most efficient and most interesting would be helpful.

Thanks again for all of you that help us! I must return to Frankfurt night 2; thus the quick trip. (Sorry if my spelling of these towns is incorrect).

4 replies to this topic
Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
1. Re: Transportation to Dinkelsbuhl in late March, 13

DB timetable

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

Start: FRA FrankfurtAirport

Destination: Dinkelsbühl, Am Stauferwall

If you cannot type the ü use ue instead. I.e. Dinkelsbuehl. Like within web addresses, e.g. their official homepage can be found under

http://www.dinkelsbuehl.de

Italy, Texas
reviews: 16
2. Re: Transportation to Dinkelsbuhl in late March, 13

Thank you so very much. I really appreciate the help, and your comments make my trip less stressful.

Richmond, Virginia
reviews: 54
3. Re: Transportation to Dinkelsbuhl in late March, 13

My husband's family lives in Dinkelsbuhl. We always fly in to Frankfurt and take the train to Wurzburg. Then we switch trains from there to Ansbach. From there we take the bus to Dinkelsbuehl as it is not on a train line. The bus times are fairly regular on weekdays, but a bit dodgy for weekends if you need specific times. You can use the DB timetable link above to find the way, I'm sure.

Edited: 11:02 pm, March 15, 2013
New York City, New...
reviews: 51
4. Re: Transportation to Dinkelsbuhl in late March, 13

Svenskasvea, do you know if you can take luggage on the bus from Ansbach to Dinkelsbuhl? Thanks!

Reply to: Transportation to Dinkelsbuhl in late March, 13
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted