We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Rothenburg to Dinkelsbuhl and Nordlingen

Which Dinkelsbuhl hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orlando, Florida
reviews: 38
Transportation from Rothenburg to Dinkelsbuhl and Nordlingen

What is the best way to go from rothenburg to Dinkelsbuhl ( on a Sunday) without a car. I was informed that there is no train station in Dinkelsbuhl. What would be the closest town with a train station and then probably take the bus. I tried to find this info at the Bahn page but dont know the name of the closest town with a train station. Is there a bus service available from Rothenburg to Dinkelsbuhl that will make the trip shorter?

Also, what is the best way to go from Dinkelsbuhl to Nordlingen and then Munich? we are excited looking at all this amazing medieval towns and would love to be able to see some of them, but dont know if a car is needed to do this.

Thank you very much!

Rotterdam, The...
reviews: 60
11. Re: Transportation from Rothenburg to Dinkelsbuhl and Nordlingen

Sorry, just adding: Double-check this information if you are travelling on the weekend, because there will be fewer buses.

Also, the Europabus is an option, it runs once a day.

While Dinkelsbühl is one of the hardest places to get to by public transport, I believe it is one of the nicest towns on the romantische strasse (after Rothenburg o/d Tauber)

Orlando, Florida
12. Re: Transportation from Rothenburg to Dinkelsbuhl and Nordlingen

Update: We just came back from Europe. Rothenburg is a beautiful medieval town with friendly people and good food. We had to change trains 3 or 4 times once we arrived in Frankfurt (from Orlando, Florida) to get to Rothenburg because we didn't want to rent a car and the romantic Road Bus had already left for the day.

We highly recommend the Romantic Road Bus. We took the bus from Rothenburg to Dinkelsbuhl and from Dinkelsbuhl to Munich. The bus provides great service! It stops in the main towns for 20 minutes or more, enough time for a short stroll, and gives historical background on each location. Much better than using the train system! They provided us with maps and all kinds of info. I highly recommend them. their page is: www.touring.de/Boooking-Romantic-Road-Coach.

Thanks everyone for your input. I used tripadvisor for advice for all our trips. this time we visited 3 countries: Germany, Italy, and Romania and it was right on target! Thanks again! =)

Orlando, Florida
13. Re: Transportation from Rothenburg to Dinkelsbuhl and Nordlingen

Correction: to get to the Romantic Road Coach page you choose English and click on the bottom where it says: Romantische Strabe or you could try:

www.touring.de/Romantische-Strasse.954.0.html

Happy travels!

14. Re: Transportation from Rothenburg to Dinkelsbuhl and Nordlingen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:06 am, January 18, 2011