We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st of 2nd class for bayern pass

Which Nuremberg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lake Charles...
reviews: 10
1st of 2nd class for bayern pass

I have one quick question about the bayern pass. Is it worth the money to get 1st class or is 2nd good enough. We are a party of 3 traveling if that helps any. Thanks in advance.

14 replies to this topic
Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
11. Re: 1st of 2nd class for bayern pass

The point is that the air does not hit you who are sitting next to the open window in question, but the people in the next and second next row behind you, and that's full force into the face. This is not pleasant at all and reason enough to complain.

london
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
reviews: 162
12. Re: 1st of 2nd class for bayern pass

Ah, yes, well in that regard you're correct.

However when you are seated in the last row of seats, and when the slammer doesn't complain but simply walks in and slams....?

Edited: 9:28 am, June 05, 2014
Hamburg, Germany
Destination Expert
for Hamburg
reviews: 15
13. Re: 1st of 2nd class for bayern pass

Ever considered the person who walks in and immediately closes the window freezes or knows that they will sit in the draught? But yeah, I forgot, for some the world is just simply black and white.

Seriously wondering whether some people on here think that other people are totally inexperienced travellers.

Edited: 9:33 am, June 05, 2014
london
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
reviews: 162
14. Re: 1st of 2nd class for bayern pass

See, we're off again! I am a Brit; i'm not allowed to even gently pull the leg of locals!

NO: Michaela_2404, it's 28 deg C outside and inside even hotter. My German colleague opens the window a touch at Garmisch station as we await the down train from Klais. Elderly lady- very possibly not German, who am I to say she is German?-boards train and as she passes us (we're by the door) reaches across and slams our window shut.

ALL I am saying, to someone who raised a question about 1st or 2nd class, and thus- in my idiotic British way- I imagine not to be widely experienced in European train travel (I could be wrong but I'm not RUDE)- is "don't be surprised if the window that you opened while feeling hot gets closed".

I really do apologise for trying to be funny. I appreciate that humour is out of place on this forum.

I'm sorry as a Brit to in ANY WAY refer to any aspect of German life, manner etc. I am not qualified to do so.

Of course you are welcome to be as disparaging as you like about me. Please do.

And THANK GOD the people I know and work with, the people I meet and drink with in Bavaria are less touchy than the "locals" on this forum.

Edited: 9:47 am, June 05, 2014
Reply to: 1st of 2nd class for bayern pass
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted