We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner on a Tight Budget

Which Nuremberg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
MA
Destination Expert
for New England
reviews: 136
Dinner on a Tight Budget

Coming to Nuremberg this summer with my spouse and son for a conference my spouse will attend. Breakfast is included in our hotel rate, but we unfortunately won't have a kitchen. Spouse will be working late and son and I are on our own for meals. On a tight budget, where can we both get a hot dinner for about 15 euros total? Take away would be fine, we can have a picnic dinner somewhere. I thought there is a university there, and was hoping a student neighborhood would have cheap options? We are light eaters, but quality has to be good. Thank you.

Hanau, Germany
reviews: 18
1. Re: Dinner on a Tight Budget

Chinese or Italien food is normally cheap, but when you're there look around,

menues are hanging outside of restaurants, I bet you can find something with

in your budget, often Mittagstisch is offered that is also a cheap option, but only

at lunch time, you won't starve.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
2. Re: Dinner on a Tight Budget

Hi, thank you for the advice. I am super obsessed with travel planning (probably too much so!) and hate to be unprepared. I'm sure we'll be fine. Good to know about Mittagstisch, might be cheaper to have a full meal then and a sandwich at night.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
reviews: 36
3. Re: Dinner on a Tight Budget

Luncheon specials are your best opportunity for finding cheap meals. Doeners are also inexpensive, and they are a meal in themselves. Pizzas are also usually inexpensive. Watch out on the beverages, water, soft drinks, beer, wine, tea and coffee can increase your meal costs tremendously. There may also be sandwich shops, bakeries and places to eat in grocery stores that you can eat inexpensively.

Also note that there may be different prices for take-away and to eat inside as a service charge may then be added to the cost.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
4. Re: Dinner on a Tight Budget

Thanks! We will have a small fridge, so I plan to stock up on drinks at the supermarket to save a bit.

Utrecht
reviews: 145
5. Re: Dinner on a Tight Budget

We had a cheap dinner at this place last year: die-nuernberger-bratwurst.de/index.php…

Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
reviews: 99
6. Re: Dinner on a Tight Budget

Sometimes there are good options at the train stations, too.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
7. Re: Dinner on a Tight Budget

The prices on that menu look great! Thanks.

Utrecht
reviews: 145
8. Re: Dinner on a Tight Budget

Food was very good for the price we paid, we're going back this year.

9. Re: Dinner on a Tight Budget

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, June 19, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Nuremberg