We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel near Christkindlemarkt

Which Nuremberg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
mission viejo, CA
hotel near Christkindlemarkt

Does anyone know of the best hotel closest to the Christmas market?????

Edina, Minnesota
reviews: 13
11. Re: hotel near Christkindlemarkt

My family and I spent a week at various Christmas markets the week preceding Christmas this year and it was a fantastic trip all the way around. My kids are 7 and 9 and while I had been to Nuremberg before, no one else had. We spent 3 nights in Nuremberg, one in Rothenberg, and 3 in Munich, with a trip to Neuschwanstein at the end of the week with Radius Tours.

We stayed at the Burg Hotel in Nuremberg (on Lammsgasse). a little drab, but a 5 mintue walk to the Hauptmarkt and very close to many other historic places (Kaiserburg, Duererhaus, Toy Museum, Sebalduskirche). They have a pool in the basement which was great for the kids. Service was friendly and efficient.

The Nuremberg Christmas market was my favorite one. Crowded, yes a little, but a great spirit of gemuetlichkeit,a nd delicious bratwurst and gluehwein. Friends we visited with while there said the vast majority of items for sale are from the surrounding area. I saw a better variety of decorations and toys than anywhere else.

Rothenburg is a delightful overnight stay - the hotels are convivial and the town takes on a very homey, small town atmosphere at night, even in high tourist season. The Night Watchman's tour is not to be missed!

12. Re: hotel near Christkindlemarkt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, September 13, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Nuremberg