We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nuremberg Card

Which Nuremberg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
reviews: 53
Nuremberg Card

I don't usually bother with City cards but the Nuremberg one seems to offer a really good deal, with free entry to all museums.

I'm just trying to get my head round the scope of the travel allowed.

The info I have says the Nuremberg + Fuerth card gives free travel to, from and within N + F.

Then: "Special agreement for Schwabach and Erlangen: Anyone buying the N+F card in the TI offices or in a hotel receives a supplementary day tripper ticket for travel to the N/F fare zones"

I've struggled with the sentence in 2 languages, and think it must mean that if you buy the card in S or E, you get a day's travel ticket to N/F.

If you buy the Card in Nuremberg, and it is valid for 2 days, is it only valid for 2 days' travel in N and F, or does it include travel to S and E?

I suppose a shorter question would have been: what are boundaries for travelling on the Card?

Question 2: I'm going to be in Nuremberg for a week. I take it there are no Cards of longer duration? Is there anything to stop me getting 2 or more Cards while I'm there?

Thankyou.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
1. Re: Nuremberg Card

The N+F card covers local public transport in N and F.

map (not showing the bus lines)

…nuernberg.de/v04/mod/dokumente/archiv/DE_Sc…

detailed map Nuremberg

www.vgn.de/media/static/stadtverkehr_nue.pdf

detailed map Fürth

www.vgn.de/media/static/stadtverkehr_fue.pdf

> if you buy the card in S or E, you get a day's travel ticket to N/F.

Yes.

> or does it include travel to S and E?

No. Only in N and F.

> what are boundaries for travelling on the Card?

N and F, i.e. the borders of these cities. See the above linked maps.

Question 2:

http://www.vgn.de

There are e.g. 7-day tickets.

N+F: EUR 16,20

VGN: EUR 64,50

and day tickets

N+F: EUR 3,80

VGN: EUR 14,00

There is a special rule for the day tickets: if bought on a Saturday they are also good for Sunday.

2. Re: Nuremberg Card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, September 15, 2009