We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nuremberg in 1day! Please advise!

Which Nuremberg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Prague, Czech...
Nuremberg in 1day! Please advise!

Hi,

I am accompanying my boyfriend on a business trip to Nuremberg next week and will spend Tuesday evening, night and Wednesday there on my own. We will be staying near the main train station.

Can anyone please advise me how to see the city best?

Where to go out in the evening, to have nice dinner and then a nice not too expensive bar with music for Tuesday night?

What are the must-sees and where is the best shopping for Wednesday?

I will appreciate all help!;o) Thank you!

Aninka

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
1. Re: Nuremberg in 1day! Please advise!

Must-sees are the Altstadt (old city) and the documentation centre in the former Nazi rally grounds.

www.nuernberg.de/internet/portal_e/reiseziel/

Historical Mile (self guided walking tour)

…nuernberg.de/englisch/e_start.htm

-> Plan

The tour starts at Königstor (#1) directly opposite the main railway station.

> where is the best shopping for Wednesday

Altstadt

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
2. Re: Nuremberg in 1day! Please advise!

As you're from Prague the Altstadt won't be that impressive. It was rebuilt after WWII in a historical style. To get an idea how it looked after the war

kubiss.de/kulturreferat/…truemmer.jpg

Otherwise Nuremberg - similar to Prague - was one of the most important cities in the HRE. I.e. partly the same master builders, artists etc. worked there.

Only after the HRE the cities developed differently. Nuremberg came to Bavaria and the dreams of the Franconians of an own state never came true. This lack of importance/developement has however kept large parts of the city walls in place. Which is really rare for a city of this size.

3. Re: Nuremberg in 1day! Please advise!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, September 11, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Nuremberg