We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn or Novotel

Which Munich hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Lanarkshire
reviews: 74
Holiday Inn or Novotel

Booked flights to Munich for 12-off work colleagues to go on our annual City Break next March. Have been trying to keep hotel costs under £80 a room per night and would prefer a hotel reasonably near the City Centre with leisure facilities. Also needs to have twin bedded rooms.

Both the Holiday Inn City & Novotel City are within budget (and on the same street) and was wondering if anybody could advise which is better of the two or if you can recommend any others with same facilities and in budget??

Mainz, Germany
reviews: 43
1. Re: Holiday Inn or Novotel

Stayed at both, liked'em both. Can't go wrong imho.

South Lanarkshire
reviews: 74
2. Re: Holiday Inn or Novotel

Cheers Oli,

If you had to choose one or other, which would you pick?

Mainz, Germany
3. Re: Holiday Inn or Novotel

If rates are the same, I'd flip a coin. Seriously. ;-)

I really like the location and always try to stay in the area when in Munich.

The Motel One just down the street isn't bad either but rooms may be a little too cramped to share with a colleague.

Carluke, United...
reviews: 1
4. Re: Holiday Inn or Novotel

Thanks again!

The Holiday Inn is working out at around £6 per room per night cheaper than the Novotel. However, I see that the Novotel has slightly better ratings and has it's own Gym (debateable whether we will be in any state to use it).

Think we may go for the Novotel...........possibly!!!

Ooops.......didn't realise the wife was logged in, when posting reply!!!

Edited: 2:22 pm, December 21, 2013
Mainz, Germany
5. Re: Holiday Inn or Novotel

*lol* She knows you are going, though, right?

Chengdu
6. Re: Holiday Inn or Novotel

Although they're right next to each other, I feel the Holiday Inn is better situated. I'm staying at the Novotel right now and every day I walk past the Holiday Inn multiple times as it's along the way to somewhere. I'm not so sure that a hotel guest of Holiday Inn would say the same about the Novotel.

Holiday Inn also has the advantage of being directly connected to Motorama, a small shopping center with supermarkets, restaurants, bakeries, clothing stores, and the S3 Rosenheimer Platz.

So, if the room rates are the same, I'd go with the Holiday Inn for greater convenience. HTH!

Chengdu
7. Re: Holiday Inn or Novotel

Sorry, I have a typo in my posting regarding the S Bahn line that I'd mentioned in my prior posting. I meant to highlight the fact that the S8 line goes to Roseheimer Platz (for those who arrive/depart by Munich airport).

london
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
reviews: 162
8. Re: Holiday Inn or Novotel

HI formerly Penta is adequate. In my experience it's a bit tired but ok. I wouldnt stay there unless I had few other options to be honest. Unless you get an excellent rate other hotels along the Sbahn trunk offer better value.

But, as I say, it's ok.

Brooklyn, New York
9. Re: Holiday Inn or Novotel

In currently staying in the holiday inn. Wi-Fi isn't free but the rooms are nice. One side of the building faces the loading bay for two supermarkets and a bunch of stores so it gets loud in the morning.

You can get breakfast for €23 per person per morning.

They try to squeeze every penny out of you.

Edited: 3:16 pm, December 23, 2013
Carluke, United...
reviews: 1
10. Re: Holiday Inn or Novotel

Thanks for the replies people! It looks like it will be the HI I think. The Novotel has gone up in price and the HI has actually came down a little in price. There is now a difference of over £300 between the two for the 6-rooms we need. I also looked as the Kings First Class, but I can't get my head round the old looking rooms. It certainly gets reasonable reviews, but I would prefer somewhere with a swimming pool. The Kings is similar in price to the Novotel though.