We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early trip planning for 2014- Oktoberfest in Munich and Rome

Which Munich hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indianapolis...
Early trip planning for 2014- Oktoberfest in Munich and Rome

My fiance and I are trying to plan a trip to Europe next year at the end of September. We would like to go to Oktoberfest for sure. We've never been anywhere in Europe, so its really difficult to settle on certain cities. I'd like to see really historically significant and beautiful places such as Rome. My fiance wants to hike the alps (in a general way haha) and visit wineries.. If we had about 12 days, would it be manageable to visit Rome and Munich, and possibly a third city in between? Everything is expensive flying in and out around Oktoberfest, so how hard would it be to get to Munich and back to Rome? Very Vague Question: What cities should we try to visit, if we are going to Munich, have never been anywhere? We have a moderate budget and our in our late twenties. Thanks for any advice to this vague question?

Lancaster...
reviews: 1
11. Re: Early trip planning for 2014- Oktoberfest in Munich and Rome

Hi Bob,

Thanks for posting these great questions! My husband and I will also be in Munich for Oktoberfest around the same time (Sept. 29-Oct. 2nd) as you and your fiancé. We are, however, starting our trip in Berlin for the marathon and then traveling to Munich. I'm glad to know someone else is already in planning mode!

Heather

Broken Hill...
reviews: 12
12. Re: Early trip planning for 2014- Oktoberfest in Munich and Rome

Hi, Please please consider Vienna instead of Rome. It is much more convienient for the amount of time you have and it is amazing. My partner and I (28) travelled for a few months last year and Vienna was an absolute gem! You don't have to change trains and the scenery between Munich and Vienna is amazing. Rome was so so busy and we felt we didn't even scratch the surface in a week. Vienna was also very romantic.

13. Re: Early trip planning for 2014- Oktoberfest in Munich and Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 30, 2014