We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Memmingen airport to Munich centre and return

Which Munich hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin Ireland
reviews: 16
Travel from Memmingen airport to Munich centre and return

There are loads of posts about this but I have not been able to find anything specific. Can anyone give me a website where i can find this information e.g. timetable etc. so that I can confirm that there will be a bus/train to meet my flight and get me back there for return flight. Many thanks.

london
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
reviews: 162
1. Re: Travel from Memmingen airport to Munich centre and return

Have you looked a t the top question on the right?

It links to a post with bus timetable.

Otherwise go to Bahn.de

Put in start as

"Memmingen Allgäu Airport"

and end Munich

Dublin Ireland
2. Re: Travel from Memmingen airport to Munich centre and return

Many thanks for that suggestion. However, the bus timetable does not extend past 1st december - do the buses stop then? There is a train going to Munich but I can't figure out if there is a train station in the airport or do i need to travel to the town of Memmingen to get a train for Munich? Thanks again for your help.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
3. Re: Travel from Memmingen airport to Munich centre and return

The train station is in Memmingen. The Allgäu Airport is actually in Memmingerberg. There are buses - but not that frequent. Or you can take a taxi (~ EUR 10).

With one person the shuttle bus to Munich is the cheaper option. With 3 and more persons using the trains will be the cheaper option (using a Bayern Ticket).

Don't think that the shuttle bus will stop to operate past 1st December.

As you don't need (nor can) book the shuttle bus or the regional trains you can check again on shorter notice.

Dublin Ireland
4. Re: Travel from Memmingen airport to Munich centre and return

Many thanks for that information! I'll wait until next month and check timetables etc again.

5. Re: Travel from Memmingen airport to Munich centre and return

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, October 23, 2014