We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oktoberfest 2014

Which Munich hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Paul...
reviews: 4
Oktoberfest 2014

We are planning on going to Oktoberfest in 2014 and it sounds like i need to research/book the hotel now? It's going to be my husband's 40th birthday trip. ( but i have to plan it....:) ) So anyway I think we want something really close to the festivities and I am not overly concerned with price if it's going to be worth the convenience/experience since it is his milestone year. We are 40 going on 20 but i still would like some quiet sleep and do not want to hotel in a discoteca. If we take a day off the festivities i'd like to walk in another direction as well. I think we're only going for a week and I was thinking 3 days is enough for the Oktoberfest? Anyway. Which hotels should i consider? THANKS

177 replies to this topic
Kansas City...
reviews: 15
61. Re: Oktoberfest 2014

First time going, we will be there two nights 30/09-02/10, a tuesday and Wednesday. Assuming we get in early 1pm? Can we buy some reservation spaces from people that have a table reserved, for their open seats, would that be appropriate? Or is that not how it works? I want to make sure when we sit down we will have a place for the long haul. I am late 30's wife early 40's, we plan on purchasing and wearing Trachten, we won't look out of place? I speak a bit of German, any tents people really suggest, do people tent hop or is it better to find a tent and settle in?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam
reviews: 1
62. Re: Oktoberfest 2014

That's not how it works, you don't need to buy any seats. Just walk around in a tent and when you see an open spot at a table, just ask if you can join.

The best is to find one of the unreserved tables, usually they are in the middle area.

Kansas City...
reviews: 15
63. Re: Oktoberfest 2014

Thanks Grolland.

Chicago
reviews: 30
64. Re: Oktoberfest 2014

Hi, I am also attending Oktoberfest 2014 - but do not have any tickets. Do we need tickets to get in a tent? If we attend on a weekday and arrive early - would we be able to enter a tent without a ticket?

Thanks!

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam
65. Re: Oktoberfest 2014

For sure. But if you come too early it might be rather empty and boring. The real party starts at about 5PM on weekdays. When you start drinking at noon, you might be already wasted by then.

Chicago
66. Re: Oktoberfest 2014

Thanks Grolland! We would prefer to attend later..but were concerned we wouldn't be able to enter a tent. What time do you recommend in order to get a seat?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam
67. Re: Oktoberfest 2014

I usually get in between 2 and 3 on weekdays. By then the tables are usually all taken but when you are with just a few people you can always find a place.

The main thing is that the tents are not closed. Also on weekday evening they normally do not close but it can happen.

Make sure to pace your drinking in the afternoon so you can last until the end. Many americans drink like they would drink Budweiser at home and after beers in three hours, they pass out.

Edited: 3:03 am, May 09, 2014
Chicago
68. Re: Oktoberfest 2014

Thanks Grolland. There would just be 2 of us, so maybe we would be fine finding a seat?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam
69. Re: Oktoberfest 2014

Don't worry!

And it also helps if one of you is in dirndl.

Chicago
70. Re: Oktoberfest 2014

Great idea! :-)

Reply to: Oktoberfest 2014
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted