We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Partnach Gorge day visit

Which Munich hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
malta
reviews: 16
Partnach Gorge day visit

Will visit Partnach Gorge for a single day tour , would like to ask from which station the train leaves to Gorge , i will be staying near Goetheplatz u-bahn .

2 replies to this topic
Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland, Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
reviews: 25
1. Re: Partnach Gorge day visit

Hi baksy39,

The train leaves Munich from the main train station, the Hauptbahnhof. The train will arrive in Garmsich-Partenkirchen about 90 mintues later.

When you leave the train in Garmsich, you may want to take a bus to the Gorge. Leave the train station and turn left, but stay on the same side of the street. Find the bus stop/shelter, a green shelter with a green and yellow sign. Get on bus #1 or #2 (the routes are identical on this side of town). Get off at the Olympia stadium; the walk up the gorge takes about 45 minutes.

The bus fare is 1,50 per person, I think. You enter the front of the bus and pay the driver. All the drivers speak good to passable English

Have fun as you plan!

s

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
2. Re: Partnach Gorge day visit

DB timetable

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

Start: Goetheplatz, München

Destination: Garmisch-Partenkirchen

You can use a Bayern Ticket (Bavaria Ticket) for this trip.

bahn.de/i/…bavaria-ticket.shtml

Covers all local public transport in Munich and the regional trains to Garmisch-Partenkirchen. However not the town buses in Garmisch-Partenkirchen.

Reply to: Partnach Gorge day visit
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted