We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rhine Valley

Which Munich hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
reviews: 1
Rhine Valley

Will be traveling in Germany coming September with 3 friends, but we are going to split in Munich on Sept. 12th, and i want to go solo from Munich to see the best of Rhine Valley, i have eurail pass and would like to use for trains and boats, please give me a practical advice how efficiently to travel from Munich to Rhine Valley for 4 days, what is the best city to make first hotel stop, leave my suitcase , and from there take boat cruises to explore the best castles, Loreley Rock, etc., but not industrial part of valley cruise, also - where should i get off from the boat to see the most.

Is the Heidelberg Castle is on a way from Munich by train, and can i keep going from there to Koblenz, Cologne, finally Dusseldorf. from where i am flying home to US on Sept. 17th

Would be really appreciate to travelers, who have already been there and could help me to organize it now at home, before i take off, big thanks in advance - Ada

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
reviews: 75
1. Re: Rhine Valley

Hi Privetada & welcome to TA

I can see that you seem to have some plans in mind but I think perhaps a guide book might be a good investment - it will have maps and lots of other stuff that will help you sort your tinerary better

you can find all the train stuff you need at www.bahn.de - change to english by clicking on the flag at the top and have a play round - put in Munich (start) to Koblenz (destination) to start - expand the options to get intermediate towns (like Worms or Mainz etc) and go from there - you can play round with train routes and times etc

Do allow time in Cologne to visit the wonderful Dom (cathedral) and the German-Roman Museum next door.

Marksburg or Rhinefels are two castles you could consider, Heidelberg is also a fantastic city and it will take most of a day to see even the highlights

you will also find fantastic info in previous posts - any topic, any town etc - the search box directly above your post (and above the list of threads on the Germany froum front page) use it like a google search (key words or phrases) and you will find all previous posts on any topic you choose.

I think you are going to have to be pretty selective - there is masses to see in this part of Germany and you are not going to get it all seen in 4 days

cheers

helen

2. Re: Rhine Valley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 13, 2014