We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to bmw welt and plant from salzburg

Which Munich hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai
reviews: 6
Day trip to bmw welt and plant from salzburg

Hi, i get into munich by car from salzburg for a day trip to visit bmw welt and then go back. I have question on car and also our itenary

Do i need the eco sticker? I have hired the car in salburg, it doesnot have one. Also, is there anything else i need to do for driving a carvhired (from europcar) in salzburg in germany?

It will be great if you could guide me on what else i can do that trip? We will start from salzburg at 7am, plam to first see the museum and then go for the factory visit at our 11am booking.

Some options we thought were:

Dachau

Salt mines

Alpine coaster

We are traveling with children aged 11-14. Which of these Should we do and given the time can we do.

Thank you

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
1. Re: Day trip to bmw welt and plant from salzburg

I would not to this trip at all by car. Autobahn A8 + morning rush hour Munich. No thanks.

> Do i need the eco sticker?

BMW Welt is just outside of the low emission zone which is central Munich inside the city ring roads.

muenchen.de/rathaus/…Low_emission_zone

> Salt mines, Alpine coaster

Where? Neither on nor close to the route.

> Dachau

An option.

Directly next to the BMW Welt across the city ring road is the Olympic Park

http://www.olympiapark.de/en/home/

Also in this area of Munich: Nymphenburg Palace and Gardens

schloss-nymphenburg.de/englisch/…index.htm

And close to this is the Hirschgarten, the largest beer garden in Munich. A family friendly must do - even if you don't drink beer.

http://www.hirschgarten.com/

Munich has of course plenty more on offer.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam
reviews: 1
2. Re: Day trip to bmw welt and plant from salzburg

Apart from BMW Welt and the factory tour I would see the city center of Munich. Viktualienmarkt, Hofbrauhaus, Marienplatz and Englischer garten with the surf wave are all great fun. You might want to spend a night in Munich.

Mumbai
reviews: 6
3. Re: Day trip to bmw welt and plant from salzburg

Thanks you abalafa, Grolland. This is helpful.

4. Re: Day trip to bmw welt and plant from salzburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 19, 2014