We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Munich to Garmish or Fussen

Which Munich hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boulder, Colorado
reviews: 1
Munich to Garmish or Fussen

Have one day left in germany and looking for a picturesque or interesting place closr to Munich (as I have to fly out at 9 am the next day? Saw Garmish and Fussen - but not sure if that would be a good trip or how far they are out of Munich? oh and I have a car...up for ideas...

Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
reviews: 100
1. Re: Munich to Garmish or Fussen

Garmisch and Fuessen are both about two hours from Munich, at least by train. You could also try Lake Chiemsee, a big lake at the foot of the Alps, more or less between Salzburg and Munich. The main town there is Prien. You could also check into Erding, about ten minutes from the Munich airport. Erding has a nice pedestrian zone, a big thermal spa and a brewery too.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Province of Trento
reviews: 19
2. Re: Munich to Garmish or Fussen

Are you looking for a place to stay the day/night before your 9am flight? If so, I'd go with Erding. It's charming and only 15 or so minutes from the airport. Either Fuesen or Garmisch would be too far. Figure the airport is nearly 30 minutes beyond Munich itself, meaning a 2.5 hour drive. You'd need to be at the airport by roughly 6:30am, turn in the car, etc. so you'd have to leave Fuessen or Garmisch around 4am. to make it work.

Singapore
reviews: 69
3. Re: Munich to Garmish or Fussen

Are you thinking of going to Neuwanstein Castle? Would be a good day trip. Set out early as you have to sleep early for your flight the next day. We did Neuwanstein as a 1 day trip when we were there in Munich and I have documented it down in my blog, to remember.

baconandjackrussells.com/2013/…

baconandjackrussells.com/2013/…

4. Re: Munich to Garmish or Fussen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 28, 2014