We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

munich to kufstein austria

Which Munich hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
reviews: 33
munich to kufstein austria

We are staying three days in munich and three days in Kufstein in april. the reason why is the price in munich for hotels was over 300 euros 15-18th. So i figure a day in Kufstein where else would anyone suggest to explore nearby cities in either austria or germany. I figure in kufstein visit the castle, glass factory, any thing else we should visit. Also can we use our train ticket from munich- to other cities on the same day besides kufstein. any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Manchester, United...
reviews: 34
1. Re: munich to kufstein austria

hi traveller 347

Kufstein is a lovely place but rather small, I enjoyed my one night stop there immensely.

We had a lovely meal at The Auracher Loechl I prebooked a table as it is a very popular restaurant. http://www.auracher-loechl.at

Will you have a car or are you planning to use the train? If by train you can use the Bayern Ticket - see the dbahn website for details. This ticket allows you to go anywhere on non high speed trains within Bavaria. I appreciate that Kufstein is Austria but it is allowed.

Happy planning.

Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
reviews: 99
2. Re: munich to kufstein austria

You could visit Lake Chiemsee, more or less between Munich and Salzburg. The lake is beautiful, at the foot of the Alps. There are islands in the lake, and on one of the islands is a palace patterned after Versailles, with a hall of mirrors that seems to go on forever. You get to the island via ferry boat, which you can catch near the town of Prien, which has a train station.

Boston...
reviews: 33
3. Re: munich to kufstein austria

Thanks so much for your information. We have no car. Thanks for the restaurant advice anything else to do at night

4. Re: munich to kufstein austria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 23, 2014