We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Munich to Milan absolute cheapest way?

Which Munich hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 1
Munich to Milan absolute cheapest way?

Hi,

I am trying to get from Munich to Milan on March 15/20 (I am flexible) I would like to have one train journey in my short trip to Europe and feel this is it. I am well traveled and so can deal with a little less comfort. I have seen 35 Euro tickets being batted around? Are tickets this cheap available? If so where? Thank you so much!

Chula Vista...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 102
1. Re: Munich to Milan absolute cheapest way?

You can check for trains on the Deutsche Bahn website:

www.bahn.de

I saw a 43 euro fare on 15 March.

Here's a very informative description of how to navigate the German rail system:

www.gettingaroundgermany.info/bahn.shtml

You can buy your tickets 92 days in advance, and the least expensive tickets go on sale when that window opens. However, if you do buy the "Savings Fare" ticket, you MUST ride the specific train that you booked.

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
2. Re: Munich to Milan absolute cheapest way?

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

Start: Munich

Destination: Milan

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 1
3. Re: Munich to Milan absolute cheapest way?

Hi zed1958,

This is great! Thanks you, just to clarify it seems to be a special ticket? "Europa-Spezial Italien" with lots of restrictions. Sounds like as long as I am there on time and etc all will work out? correct?

Thanks!

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
reviews: 3
4. Re: Munich to Milan absolute cheapest way?

>Sounds like as long as I am there on time and etc all will work out?

As long as you are on time buying the ticket - the cheapest ones sell out first. Then you are restricted to the one train connection you have chosen of course - no or very limited refund&rebooking possibilities. Is it what you meant?

5. Re: Munich to Milan absolute cheapest way?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 26, 2014