We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Munich by car

Which Munich hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
buenos aires
reviews: 2
Munich by car

Dear All,

I am getting Munich by car so here comes the question. Would you recommend staying at a hotel on the outskirts of the city with free parking (Unterhaching f.e.) or would you rather stay at the city centre? considering that I will have to pay parking, for sure, and the ticket for driving in the city...

I need your help, I dont know what to do. I do want to stay near the city centre but...

Thanks!

Hanau, Germany
reviews: 18
1. Re: Munich by car

When we travel by car we always try to stay at the outskirts and use public transport into the city, it's a lot easier, even sight seeing is easier by public transport, it's not only paying for parking but finding a spot in the first place.

Mason City, Iowa
reviews: 112
2. Re: Munich by car

We stay at the Marriott, park the car, and take the UBahn to the center. It's really easy with no hassles. You just follow 9 as far as you can into Munich, and you're there. It's 25 minutes from airport to hotel.

munich
reviews: 38
3. Re: Munich by car

You don't have to stay out as far as Unterhaching.

In Munich city limits itself you can park on the street for free.

For example on the south east side of Munich you can park for free already anywhere east/south of the rear of the Ostbahnhof e.g outside of the Orleansstrasse.

Purely as an example the Hotel am Ostpark is near Michaelibad U-Bahn station which is on the U5.

mvv-muenchen.de/fileadmin/…Netz_2013_A4_.pdf

www.ostparkhotel.de/index.php?m_id=1&s_id=2

Only about 17mins to Karlsplatz. The U-Bahn runs every 10mins

If travelling by car it is important to know from which direction you are aproaching Munich and where you are intending to visit.

E.g. Michaelibad is really easy to get to from the A8 Salzburg autobahn and not difficult to get to from the airport

San Jose
Destination Expert
for California
reviews: 80
4. Re: Munich by car

We stayed at the Hotel Laimerhof a few years back, near Nymphenburg Palace. They have parking there and it is an easy ride by tram or S-Bahn to the city center or anywhere else you want to go in Munich.

5. Re: Munich by car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, December 18, 2013