We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this a good price??

Which Munich hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nashville
reviews: 2
Is this a good price??

We are traveling from Munich to Nice on March 20th. Is $194 or 153 euros a good price? Thanks to the recommendations on here I learned that I needed to book for a roundtrip instead of one way to get a cheaper price. I am just wondering if I need to go ahead and book or wait it out because prices will drop. It is broken down at 54 eruos for flight and 100 eruos for tax ect..

Thanks!

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich
1. Re: Is this a good price??

Where did you look?

I had a look on the Lufthansa web site: www.lufthansa.com/de/en/flight-from-munich

and got 128.18€ per person:

Wed 20 Mar 11:05Munich 12:30 Nice

LH2272

Operated by Lufthansa Cityline

1h25 Economy (L)

Sun 21 Apr 08:45Nice 10:10 Munich

LH2271

Operated by Lufthansa Cityline

1h25 Economy (K)

Fare (per person): 52.00€

Taxes, fees and carrier charges (per person): 76.18€

Edited: 4:55 pm, November 13, 2012
Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich
2. Re: Is this a good price??

And yes, buy the 128.18€ tickets immediately, they will only get more expensive.

There are only a few reduced seats per flight, and once they are are sold out, you have to pay more!

For example, you are already in the more expensive class L on your flight on March 20th, while the return flight on April 21st is still in the cheaper class K.

Nashville
3. Re: Is this a good price??

We are wanting to take the late flight 19:10 out of Munich so that costs a little bit more than the 11:05 flight. But return doesn't matter since we won't be using it so the cheaper the better there. Someone said that Lufstansa would have 99 euro sales for seats but this sounds like we are already getting a good deal. I will book today. Thank You!

munich
reviews: 38
4. Re: Is this a good price??

Lufthansa have various European city €99 specials but personally can't remember when they last had their Nice offers. May have had them already for next March so these may be the best you get.

Nashville
5. Re: Is this a good price??

I went ahead and booked. I would have been sick if I didn't and then the prices skyrocketed. Total per ticket was 153 euros so not quite as low but better than it going way up. Thanks for everyone's advice!

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich
6. Re: Is this a good price??

Thanks for the update!

And yes, these tickets would only have got more expensive.

I buy several of these "99€" tickets a year, and in my experience, they are only 99€ for main destinations like London and Paris where there are many flights/competing airlines.

The more obscure destinations like Nice that are only serviced by Lufthansa I have never seen at the official 99€ price (at least not for the dates I looked for).

I usually end up paying around 120€, but then again, I am flexible in the flight times ;-)

7. Re: Is this a good price??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, December 16, 2013