We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first timers' must do/see

Which Munich hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
rhodes
first timers' must do/see

we are planning on coming to Munich in december.

what do you recomend we must see?

Munich, Germany
reviews: 1
1. Re: first timers' must do/see

Hey Gerasimos,

things you should definately see are:

The Christmas market on Marienplatz and the one in the English Gardens by the Chinese Tower -seeing as you'll be there in December.

When your in Town the churches are nice e.g. the Frauenkirche, the Theatiner Church, the Asam Church and the "Alter Peter) - they are all basically in the city center.

As for Museums you ca go to the Old Pinakothek for the older artists or the neue Pinakothek for the more modern stuff.

Hmmmm what else......if you like BMW there's a BMW museum ....

i'll write more when I think of something !

Have fun !

Spatzl

USA
2. Re: first timers' must do/see

We went to Minuch last year and enjoyed just walking in the old city starting at Marienplatz. We liked "Old Peter" church from which we went to the little market (Viktualien) near by where we got some amazing berries and had lunch at Vincent Moor (?) deli. We checked out the stores near by,got on top of the tower at the City Hall for a truly amazing view, walked to Odion platz (great window shoppingon the way)were they had live music. We had a dessert at an amazing place near by. We had beer stops as well, and ice-cream stops. Now I regret not checking out Royal Palace - I've heard a lot of wonderful reviews, but I am glad we took a day just to enjoy life and Minuch. Another highlight of our Bavarian trip was a day trip to see King Ludwig's castles. The scenery was amazing. We enjoyed day trip to Nurnberg as well(great, fun city market there). I regret not checking out Alte Pinokothek (art museum) and my husband regret's not checking out each and every BMW place :), but still we had a truly relaxing, enjoyable experience...