We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

prices in Euros

Which Munich hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Alabama
reviews: 1
prices in Euros

I was looking at a menu for a restrauntin Munich. It listed the prices in Euros. How does the numbering system represent the price? For example a cocktail was listed as 3,90 or a dinner for 10,90. What does that mean? 3 Euros and some change? I am going to munich on business soon and i want to make sure i understand the way the prices work in euros.

Is the price just like in US dollars? $3.90 or $10.90?

Frankfurt, Germany
1. Re: prices in Euros

Yes, it's just the same. It means €3 and 90 cents. Prices on German restaurant menues are incl. tax and service charge. You don't have to tip the waiters but if were really satisfied with their service you could round up the total sum. E.g. if your total is €37.90 upon handing over your cash or credit card TELL them to make it 40. It's not common to just leave some change back on the table when you leave.

I'm sure you're aware of the fact that it takes $1.50 to buy just €1.00?...

Alabama
2. Re: prices in Euros

Includes tax and service? Wow! That is great. Thank you for the information.

Alabama
3. Re: prices in Euros

Yes, I am aware of the current exchange rate.

4. Re: prices in Euros

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, September 21, 2009