We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

september in garmisch p.

Which Garmisch-Partenkirchen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 9
september in garmisch p.

plan to spend 2 weeks in garmisch-partenkirschen (couldn't get a hotel in mittenwald) got a hotel reindl's partenkirchner hof -is september a good time for a visit??if not i could change my reservation----thanks

1. Re: september in garmisch p.

I think Sept could be a great time to be in G-P. If you are looking for a hotel with great food and an outstanding view of G-P, try

Hotel Berggasthof-Panorama

St. Anton 3

82467 Garmisch-Partenkirchen

Telephone: 011 49 (0)8821 5 50 06 garmisch-partenkirchen.com/Berggasthof-Panor…

You will enjoy the view of G-P and the Zugspitz fromtheir outdoor dining area. The rooms are very comfortable, too.

2. Re: september in garmisch p.

thank you for your advice - i look forward to my trip with more enthusiasm.

Virginia beach VA
3. Re: september in garmisch p.

The best restaraunt I ate at was the truely German one I found on my last day there. I can't for the life of me remember the name. But I do remember how to get there.

From the McDonalds start walking down the pedestrian streets. No cars can get in. And stay to the right. once your past the set of stuff attatched to mcdonalds hook slightly to the right and you will see a sign for a restaraunt. There food was EXCELLENT. I had the broccoli soup as an appetizer YUMMY. Best food I had while I was there.

Research it and you can get to Munich VERY easily for the day from there for fairly cheap. I went to the munich zoo with my daughter and she loved it. Really nice sized zoo. My favorite thing about Garmish and you will understand when you get there. Look for the house with the brown shutters and flowers on the porch. LOL have fun and enjoy your stay. The town is wonderful. There is also a discount stein store there if you can find it. Stay to the right andthe back it looks like a hutch.

Santa Barbara CA
reviews: 5
4. Re: september in garmisch p.

Garmisch is usually pleasent in September. Of the half dozen times that we have been there, all but one were mostly summy, one week there were frequent drizzle, but that was the exception.

The restaurant mentioned in one respose was, I believe, Isi's Golden Angel. Directions are accurate-- you can't miss it-- brightly painted windows and large plaster deer heads over the entrance. The Rahmshnitzel is great. Clausings Post Hotel is also good but a little expensive. Also in Marienplatz, the other direction from Isi's, on the same block as McDonalds is a great conditori (bakery).(Several in fact)

For a nice hike, try the Partnachklamm. Drive to the Olympic ski stadium on the SE side of town. On the right side of the lot is a road that winds it's way back up a creek (Partnach) about 1 1/2 mile to the roads end (or you can take a carriage). From there, you can go through a small toll gate and hike another mile up a beautiful, tortured gorge and return, or, take a small gondola lift just before the toll gate to the Forsthaus Grasek, and from there, take the trail down to the Partnachklamm and back (take a couple of euros for the toll). For a longer hike, take the Eckbauer gondola on the other side of the stadium, then hike down to Grasek and the Partnachklamm.

There is a good local museum (heimatmuseum) in Partenkirchen, and numerous coffee shops in the area. Drive over to the Linderhof and Neuschawnstein if you get a chance. Also, if you like a little more activity, there is a summerrodeln (concrete luge) near the stadium, and several a half hours drive away in Austria, south of Reutte.

Finally, there is a Bavarian folkfest nightly at the Frauendorfer (not sure of the spellin). Beer, good food, oompah music and local dances. Supposed to be a hoot.

Hope you enjoy the visit.

5. Re: september in garmisch p.

i can't thank you enough for your replies - no tourist office could have done better.

6. Re: september in garmisch p.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, August 15, 2009