We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

apartments in garmisch

Which Garmisch-Partenkirchen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sydney australia
reviews: 28
apartments in garmisch

We intend to spend a week in garmisch in mid September. We need 2 - 3 bedrooms and would like a view and quiet but convenient. Any suggestions

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland, Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
reviews: 27
1. Re: apartments in garmisch

Hi Merribel,

Where have you looked already?

I suggest you take a look at the town's central reservation system at

www.gapa.de

Most apartments have a view of the mountains (that's the bread and butter of the town!). Convenient to what -- the center of town, the train station? If an apartment is central, it will have the icon of a dot inside a circle.

Take a look and see if any appeal to you.

Have fun as you plan!

s

Boston...
reviews: 22
2. Re: apartments in garmisch

I agree with going to WWW.gapa.de. That's where we booked our apartment through, which was great for us. We stayed at the Gastehaus Antonia. Located about a 10 minute walk from the center of Garmisch, but right around the corner was a bus stop for us to use. Gastehaus Antonia was quiet. We slept with the windows open and had no problems sleeping at night. Great views also. We needed 2 bedrooms, so Marlis (the owner), rented us out a one bedroom suite with kitchenette, dining area, balcony, bedroom, sleeper sofa and 1 1/2 bathrooms, and than a smaller room for our sons right across the hall.

florida
reviews: 137
3. Re: apartments in garmisch

Did you look here on tripadvisor? Live like a German has many listed. I just watch all the add on things that are in the fine print. Towels, sheets, detergent, internet, parking, cleaning fees, etc. There are some sweet places close to the train station. We love the Partenkirchen side of town.

sydney australia
4. Re: apartments in garmisch

Thank you for all your advice. I have found an apartment in the centre of town with 3 bedrooms and a roof terrace. Are there any must sees in the area? We intend to visit Dachau, Munich, Innsbruk and do some hiking.

Many thanks

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
5. Re: apartments in garmisch

Hi again,

Most folks would consider ascending the Zugspitze (Germany's tallest mountain) a must-do. I'd also recommend the easy hike through the Partnachklamm and a visit to the beautiful village of Mittenwald (30 minutes by bus or train, on the way to Innsbruck).

My favorite hike in the area is from Krün to Mittenwald. Take the bus to Krün, walk through the town, and walk through the rolling meadows toward Mittenwald with the glorious Karwendel mountains in front of you. It takes about 2h, then you reward yourself with a nice meal in Mittenwald and a stroll through town.

Have fun!

s

sydney australia
6. Re: apartments in garmisch

Thank you for your tips, I have duly noted them. When you say an easy hike, how long and how steep. Two of us don't like to over exert ourselves!

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
7. Re: apartments in garmisch

Hi again,

The easy hike through the Partnachklamm takes 45 minutes. There is some ascent, but it's not steep; children 5 years old can do it easily.

More information:

http://www.gapa.de/page/node/49/story/200

and

http://www.partnachklamm.eu/

Click on the British flag at the bottom, and you'll get a pdf in English with all of the information.

s

florida
reviews: 137
8. Re: apartments in garmisch

Did you rent the place above the Weber clothing shop? We so wanted their one bedroom but was booked. So back at the base. I wanted to rent a place in town this trip but everyplace we looked at was booked or over budget. We broke the bank on flights so have to budget elsewhere. I am looking at Wank Mountain this trip. It looks easy enough.

9. Re: apartments in garmisch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, September 09, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Garmisch-Partenkirchen