We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skibus map

Which Garmisch-Partenkirchen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
reviews: 9
Skibus map

Hello, I've been trying (in vain) to find the Skibus map that takes one to Hausbergbahn. Can anyone provide the URL?

thank you

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland, Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
reviews: 25
1. Re: Skibus map

Hi mumofkids,

I have looked and looked and looked for that thing for two years and can't find it. I also asked at the Tourist Information office last year, and they had no idea what I was talking about. It's very frustrating.

This past season, when they put up the Skibus signs, I stopped and took photos of the timetable listed there. I can tell you that the busses run about every 20 minutes. They run from the Kreuzeck cable car to the Hausberg, and from the Hausberg to the train station. Then reverse. I still haven't ridden on them so can't verify the route or the stops.

If you have a specific question about a hotel/guest house and the Skibus, I'll give you my best guess.

Have fun!

s

Singapore
2. Re: Skibus map

Thank you, Swandav. So far, we are looking at Hotel Schatten, Vier Jahreszeiten (for proximity to train station) and a chalet called Hamburg on Klarweinstrasse. Hotel Zugspitze has yet to reply, maybe they are closed for the season?!? We imagine that snow will be more likely on Zugspitze than at Hausberg, but just wanted to prepare for the off-chance that Hausberg will be open.

One more quick question: It looks like Hausberg has a train station from which the Munich train runs. Do other trains (e.g. to Mittelwand, Zugspitze, etc) also start from Hausberg?

thank you

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
3. Re: Skibus map

Hi again,

I adore Hotel Schatten for its ambiance and its views -- it sits in a very quiet and beautiful area up on a hill in Partenkirchen. However, it is a few blocks from a bus stop -- and the walk will be uphill on the way home after skiing. To get to Hausberg from there, you would have to take the town bus (#1 or #2) from the stop Schnitzschul/Ludwigstrasse to the train station or to the Achenfeldstrasse stop (intersection at St. Martinstrasse), then switch to the skibus to Hausberg.

The Gästhaus Hamburg looks lovely, a real find. It looks like it's about 1 or 2 blocks from the bus stop Riesserkopfstrasse. To get to the Hausberg, you have to take the town bus to the bus stop Achenfeldstrasse (intersection at St Martinstrasse) and switch to the skibus to Hausberg.

Hotel Zugspitze would be my first choice though -- its location is close to the pedestrian zone and easiest for the Hausberg. Acquaintances of mine stayed there and loved it; one even said it was the best hotel in any of his European trips. To get to the Hausberg, you have to walk maybe 2 blocks to catch the skibus at Achenfeldstrasse/St Martinstrasse. I find it odd that they haven't responded yet -- I don't think it's closed at the moment. I hope they do reply!

Yes, I think I told you that last season (2012-13), the Garmisch Classic area opened before the Zugspitze did because high winds kept blowing snow off of the pistes! Because they don't make snow up there, they had no recourse but to just wait for more and more snow.

Yes, there is a train station at Hausberg (and also at Kreuzeck). The only train from München that stops there is the wintertime Ski-Express that leaves München at 07.00 only on weekends, goes all the way to the Hausberg, and arrives there at 08.22. Otherwise, only the Zugspitzbahn stops at Hausberg on its trip from the Garmisch train station (actually the Zugspitzebahn station that sits just behind the train station) to the Zugspitze.

Hope that helps a bit! Let me know as other questions or concerns come up!

s

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
4. Re: Skibus map

BTW, here is a link to the town bus schedule:

gemeindewerke-garmisch-partenkirchen.de/cms/…

You'll be on line #1 and #2 (they are identical until after the Breitenau stop)

To see the map of the routes, click on the tiny little triangle-map at the bottom of the page. I note that the stop I called Schnitzschul/Ludwigstrasse above has apparently been changed to Historische Ludwigstrasse.

s

Singapore
5. Re: Skibus map

Thank you so much!

I am still waiting from Hotel Zugspitze, I have written three times. Maybe my email is treated as spam!

If we go for Schatten, is it easy to get taxis in town?

Town buses: yes, I found that map, thank you. It was just the one to Hausberg (skibus) that I could not find!

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
6. Re: Skibus map

Hi again,

Yes, it's very easy to get taxis in town; there are two taxi stands, one at Marienplatz and one at the train station. But your hotel can call for you.

The fare from Partenkirchen to the Hausberg would be around 7-10 Euro I'd guess.

s

Singapore
7. Re: Skibus map

Thank you!

8. Re: Skibus map

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 19, 2014