We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October Snowboarding

Which Garmisch-Partenkirchen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kelseyville...
October Snowboarding

Hi- My husband and I are going to be in the Garmisch area in the first week of October this year. I was hoping to be able to get in a day of snowboarding but was wondering if it's too early in the season for garanteed snow? Also- which resorts would be the best for intermmediate boarders such as ourselves? (we'd have to rent equipment as we aren't planning on toting our boards all the way from California to Germany. Thanks!

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland, Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
reviews: 25
1. Re: October Snowboarding

Hi Megandvs,

Unfortunately, October is too early. The Zugspitze skiing area usually opens at the end of November, at the earliest.

Have fun as you plan!

s

2. Re: October Snowboarding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 05, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Garmisch-Partenkirchen