We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trains from Garmisch to Munich

Which Garmisch-Partenkirchen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
lake grove
reviews: 6
Trains from Garmisch to Munich

We will be leaving Garmisch on 4/25 which is Easter Monday Do you know if the trains are on a regular or holiday schedule that day.Also 2 moret questions if I may. Do you know of any private car transportation from Garmisch to the Airport and my last question could you recommend any hotels at the Munich Airport Thnak you so much for your help

Colorado Springs...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Trains from Garmisch to Munich

Go to www.bahn.de and enter your travel date and it will be showing what trains are running that day. Enter Garmisch- Partenkirchen Bahnhof for departure, Muenchen Flughafen Terminal for Arrirval. There is an English language version of this website. Just follow the flag.

Private car transportation GP to Munich airport would be very expensive, especially when you can travel on the Bayernkarte (Check "Search" for details) for either EUR24 (single) or EUR 28 for up to 5 people on the same ticket.

Last June I stayed at the Airport Holiday Inn Express and was very satisfied.. They have a shuttle service for EUR8 per room, per day . In the past I also liked the Best Western Kastanienhof in Erding. Not sure what their current shuttle arangement is; worth checking..

lake grove
reviews: 6
2. Re: Trains from Garmisch to Munich

Treplow thank you very much for the info.I think we might look to cancel our last night at Garmisch and travel on Sunday night to the airport. It would make for a less stressful time in getting to the airport.Your info on the shuttle helped make our decision

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
reviews: 232
3. Re: Trains from Garmisch to Munich

As noted, bahn.de will give you the schedule. I was just there a couple weeks ago. Trains go hourly and it's about an hour and a half, maybe a little less, to the Hauptbahnhof. If you're heading to the airport, you just go downstairs to the S-bahn and it's another 45 minutes - very easy.

Given that Munich is a fantastic city, I would recommend you think about staying downtown near the train station. You can then spend a night in the city exploring the nearby Marienplatz and you're only 45 minutes from the actual airport terminal in the morning.

Have fun.

4. Re: Trains from Garmisch to Munich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 am, October 24, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Garmisch-Partenkirchen