We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in July

Which Garmisch-Partenkirchen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Idaho Falls, Idaho
reviews: 13
Weather in July

We will be in the Garmisch-Partenkirchen in the middle of July. What weather can we expect? Will children need sweaters, coats?

Thanks!

Munich
1. Re: Weather in July

Yes, bring sweaters. I cools down in the evening.

Dublin
2. Re: Weather in July

Definately bring coats. Have just come back from a week there and we had some sunny days and some days with heavy rain and thunder/lightening! Very changeable weather!

Frankfurt, Germany
reviews: 1
3. Re: Weather in July

Raincoat, rubber boots, snorkel, umbrella... sorry for breaking bad news but so far one should call it monsoon season instead of summer ;-)

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
reviews: 37
4. Re: Weather in July

To paraphrase Mark Twain, the coldest winter I spent was a summer in Stuttgart (the second warmest city in Germany). I had just moved from Saudi Arabia and didn't really think about taking warmer clothes with me and had them shipped. The highs varied between 50-100F, and some times there would be only a few days between these temperatures.

Be prepared for hot to cool weather, and definitely cooler nights. A windbreaker with a sweatshirt or sweater should be sufficient to handle most temperatures that you are likely to expect. As previously mentioned, always be prepared for some rain, and there has been more rain than usual lately, although days when it rains all the time are usually rare.

Whatever the weather, it should be more pleasant than Texas!

5. Re: Weather in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, September 02, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Garmisch-Partenkirchen