We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any night life in Oberammergau?

Which Oberammergau hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Cloud...
reviews: 3
Any night life in Oberammergau?

We will be staying in Oberammergau the first week in December and we are wondering if there are any local pubs? We really like to visit places where the locals hang out.

any info would be great.

Karin

Saint Cloud...
reviews: 3
1. Re: Any night life in Oberammergau?

I take it not! I'm looking for a local bar/pub that's the extent of my nightlife.

Thanks

Karin

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
reviews: 37
2. Re: Any night life in Oberammergau?

Restaurants in Germany tend to serve the same purpose as bars in the US as you can sit there and drink if you desire in addition to eating food.

Lompoc, California
reviews: 9
3. Re: Any night life in Oberammergau?

I take it that you have never been to Oberammergau--- a very quiet town except ten times a century. Except for the Passion Play once a decade, the town is primarily tourist shops, handicraft shops and a NATO staff educational facility. A beautiful small town, but not what you'd call lively. The Hotel/Restaurant Wolfe has a nice bar, but for anything more lively you will probably have to drive about 15 minutes to Garmisch-Partenkirchen. There are a number of more active night spots there. One, whose name I can't recall but seems popular with a younger crowd, is right off the Marianplatz, at the corner of Alpsitzstrasse and Zugspitstrasse.

Austin, Texas
reviews: 171
4. Re: Any night life in Oberammergau?

Ober is a small quiet place. We've been there twice now for NATO school and enjoyed each time. There are many local pubs (Hotel Post can be too busy for their own good) but there right down there in the local area. Hold Bold has a nice bar/restaurant area, as does Wolfe. We went to Murnau (about 30min?) and the Karg has a nice dinner and beer (own brew)

Yeah, if you want like go to Garmische as they have a nice downtown and more pubs (Austrialian one too)

sanantonio
5. Re: Any night life in Oberammergau?

Hello,

I lived in Oberammergau for three years when my father was in the Air Force. There are a couple places I really liked.

1) The Fabrique - near the bonhof downtown.

2) Pub 33 - It's been awhile so ask someone

6. Re: Any night life in Oberammergau?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, September 13, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Oberammergau