We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late night flight into Stuttgart on our way to Baden Baden

Which Stuttgart hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
Late night flight into Stuttgart on our way to Baden Baden

Hi, We ( with 3 kids ages 8, 7 and 5) have a late night flight into Stuttgart ( 11pm ). We have an option to stay in a Stuttgart airport hotel ( our last resort) or drive a bit west ideally around 30-45 minutes to a much nicer place. We are on our way to Baden Baden the following day. Could anyone recommend a town that is nice and not too far from Stuttgart that is on the way to the Baden Baden area? And if possible a hotel as well.

We just think driving all the way to Baden Baden would be too long for the kids ( ages 8, 6 and 5). We thought of going to Stuttgart city center but we know that if we stay there we would end up wanting to explore Stuttgart which is not the purpose of our trip.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
1. Re: Late night flight into Stuttgart on our way to Baden Baden

Calw

http://www.calw.de

or

Herrenberg

http://www.herrenberg.de

hotels

calw.de/englisch/…uebernachtung.htm

http://www.herrenberg.de/index.php?id=375&L=1

California
2. Re: Late night flight into Stuttgart on our way to Baden Baden

Thank you abalada. You gave me very helpful information.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
reviews: 37
3. Re: Late night flight into Stuttgart on our way to Baden Baden

Both Calw and Herrenberg are a considerable distance out of the way if taking the autobahn from Stuttgart to Baden Baden, but would be OK if driving the back roads through the Black Forest.

Sindelfingen is much closer and more convenient. Just take the A8 by the airport west to the A81 south and get off at the first exit for Sindelfingen. There are a relatively large number of hotels along this street, and when you leave it is a short distance back to the A8 to continue on to Baden Baden. Mercedes Benz largest assembly plant is in Sindelfingen on the other side of town and gives tours which you could check up on doing if interested.

For Sindelfingen go to www.svg-sindelfingen.de or look at www.stuttgart-tourist.de . You can probably book hotels in Sindelfingen at either site. However, do not stay in central Sindelfingen because there is no easy way to drive into the center, and tired and late at night it could cause problems. The hotels along Mahdental Strasse (or Ernst-Barlach Strasse, Amselweg, Drosselstrasse) would be the most convenient and simple to access.

California
4. Re: Late night flight into Stuttgart on our way to Baden Baden

Thank you marcopolko for your advise. I wanted to ask since our flight is very late, would it be a problem arriving late in the smaller hotels? We will be coming in from Sylt, so the flight is not very long and the children will not be too tired so I think we can make a push to drive a bit away. I was just worried about waking people up in the hotel to check us in.

thank you

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
reviews: 37
5. Re: Late night flight into Stuttgart on our way to Baden Baden

We don't stay often in German Hotels so I really don't know how much of a problem that might be. Probably in a smaller hotel someone would have to get up to let you in. Most of the hotels in the area I mentioned in Sindelfingen are quite large and belong to hotel chains, so that wouldn't be a problem with most of them.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
6. Re: Late night flight into Stuttgart on our way to Baden Baden

Of course you should use the back roads through the Black-Forest from Herrenberg, Calw or Sindelfingen to Baden-Baden. Autobahn is a detour (albeit a bit faster) and nowhere as scenic (as the autobahns avoid the Black Forest).

If it's just for a hotel, Sindelfingen is OK. But it's one of the least attractive towns in whole Baden-Württemberg in my view.