We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stuttgart Beer Festival 2013 - which tent?

Which Stuttgart hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
Stuttgart Beer Festival 2013 - which tent?

Hi folks

I am planning a trip with a group of friends to the Stuttgart beer festival in Sep/Oct

We have been to many Oktoberfests in Munich before but in the last few years, if you don't have a reservation, its becoming more and more difficult to get into any tent after the early afternoon. Its also impossible to get an evening reservation if you have not been a long term customer, so we though its time somewhere new.

Having looked at some of the tents websites it looks like if we book early we can get an evening reservation in most tents, is this correct?

I have been to the main site that lists the different tents but they have no real detail as to how they differ:

http://www.cannstatt...x.php?id=19&L=1

So I was wondering if someone could let me know how the tents differ, if at all, and what they like about certain tents (music, crowd etc.)?

We are a group of 10 Scottish guys who are mostly in our late 20s (probably vastly less mature than that) so any advice to first time visitors would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Calum

NEWTOWNARDS, N...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Stuttgart Beer Festival 2013 - which tent?

Calum,

We have a quiet (!!) party of fourteen (which could rise in time) from N Ireland booked from the 2nd to the 7th October and I sent in a request today for a table/tables for the 2nd in the Hobrauhaus for the evening session from 17.00. The price was reasonable enough and we expect that night to be busy as the next day is a Bank Holiday in Germany therefore I would surmise that the tents will be bunged so may as well get a booking confirmed now. We will get another couple of other tents booked for the Friday and Saturday in the near future when the bookings become available.

We were there back in 2008 and I have to say I enjoyed in more than Munich where I've been a couple of times. We took in three different tents in 2008 (cannot remember which ones unfortunately) but we had a ball in each of them. I'm sure a few locals will be able to tell you how the tents differ but to us it just seemed like an awful lot of people out enjoying themselves which is what it is all about.

Only 239 days to go!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
reviews: 35
2. Re: Stuttgart Beer Festival 2013 - which tent?

Personally, although much older, I prefer the younger crowd and music in Zum Wasenwirt (spelling). They have special nights such as for gays, etc. so make sure that your group will fit in. www.cannstatter-volksfest.de can be changed to English and will have information. Click on the individual tents (Festenzelte- sp?) for information on their entertainment. They also will have videos from past years that may help you make a choice.

Before 4PM on any day you should be able to enter any tent to see what their entertainment is like for a reference if you come back another year. You'll probably be good until 7PM on a non-holiday weekday.

Make sure to visit the more than excellent Mercedes Benz Museum which is close to the fairgrounds. The Porsche Museum is across town, and you also might like to pre-arrange a tour of their assembly plant.

Edited: 4:59 pm, January 31, 2013
3. Re: Stuttgart Beer Festival 2013 - which tent?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 02, 2014