We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stuttgart beer festival 2013

Which Stuttgart hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NEWTOWNARDS, N...
reviews: 1
Stuttgart beer festival 2013

We will be travelling to Stuttgart in October for the beer festival and will be staying in a hotel on Siemensstrasse in Stuttgart North. There is a U-Bahn station (Maybachstrasse) right beside the hotel and I was wondering if anyone could tell me the easiest way to get from there to the festival. I have been before and stayed in the city centre which had easy access to the trams which went out to the site but I'm not sure of the best/quickest way from where we will be staying this time. Should we need to get a taxi at night back to the hotel would anyone know the approximate cost to the hotel from the city centre.

Any help would be much appreciated - only 239 days to the start of the festival!!

20 replies to this topic
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
reviews: 36
1. Re: Stuttgart beer festival 2013

Information on the local transportation system can be found at www.vvs.de . The Maybachstrasse stop serves the U-6 and U-13 U-bahn lines. The U-13 will take you to Wilhelmsplatz by the fairgrounds in Bad Cannstatt. The U-6 will take you to the main train station or Charlottenplatz where you can transfer to the U-11 which will take you to the west side of the fairgrounds (Mercedesstrasse) or to its center (Cannstatter Wasen). No need for a taxi.

Edited: 3:05 pm, January 28, 2013
NEWTOWNARDS, N...
2. Re: Stuttgart beer festival 2013

Gentleman and a scholar - only another 239 sleeps!!

Tampa, Florida
3. Re: Stuttgart beer festival 2013

See you there. Coming from Florida!

NEWTOWNARDS, N...
4. Re: Stuttgart beer festival 2013

Down to a mere 58 days until the start of the festival so it's coming round quickly and the beer tokens have even arrived for Gockelsmaier on the Saturday night which I'm really looking forward to - had to book for groups of eight and as there are only fourteen of us we have two spare wristbands available for the Saturday night if anyone wants to join us. No cost involved however you will need to buy your own beer as we have only a 'mere' 64 Mas to get through before the drinking really starts!

Let me know if anyone who will be there but who hasn't booked fancies it - the tent is totally sold out for the Saturday so it should be a night to remember for fourteen 'quiet' folk from Northern Ireland.

tripadvisor
reviews: 2
5. Re: Stuttgart beer festival 2013

any recommendations as to which beer tent to aim for? Would we need to book - there will be 10 of us!

Edited: 11:30 am, September 03, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
reviews: 36
6. Re: Stuttgart beer festival 2013

www.cannstatter-volksfest.de and www.wasen.de have information on the festival. Go look at the entertainment for the tents in each tent's website accessable from those websites, perhaps that will help you decide. They also frequently have videos and pictures of their tent at past events. Personally, I prefer the music at Zum Wasenwirt and their younger crowd although I'm a long ways from that age. They do have special themed days such as one for gays, just make sure that you'd fit in.

Any time during the day before 4PM you should not have any problems, but later in the day after 7PM and particularly on weekends you may have problems getting a table. Perhaps check those tents' websites and see the availability of booking tables for the dates you're interested in and let that guide you whether to make a reservation or not.

North Pole, Alaska
reviews: 12
7. Re: Stuttgart beer festival 2013

Scrabo1, sent you a PM about those wristbands!!

NEWTOWNARDS, N...
8. Re: Stuttgart beer festival 2013

Just need to check that someone else in our party hasn't promised them to anyone else in the last few days (although that's unlikely) and then I'll confirm that they are still available.

NEWTOWNARDS, N...
9. Re: Stuttgart beer festival 2013

PM sent Titoslack - wristbands are yours if you still want them.

HOUSTON, TEXAS
reviews: 185
10. Re: Stuttgart beer festival 2013

When does the parade start on the first Sunday of the fest? Does it still start near downtown and proceed over the river to the fest grounds?

Reply to: Stuttgart beer festival 2013
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted