We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moving to Stuttgart

Which Stuttgart hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Moving to Stuttgart

Hi, was wondering for some help if possible. We are moving to Stuttgart in the Summer. We have 2 boys aged 9 & 7 who will obviously need to go school. I was wondering the best areas in Stuttgart which is ideal for families. Both boys are very active and love Sport. Any advice would be appreciated.

5 replies to this topic
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
reviews: 35
1. Re: Moving to Stuttgart

I would always recommend staying in the center of Stuttgart. More things happen there, and anywhere is easily accessible. If your children will be attending the international school, then you might consider staying near the U-5, U-7 or U-12 U-bahn lines. Information on Stuttgart can be found at www.stuttgart.de . Both the city hall and the tourist information office have a lot of good information on Stuttgart and the surrounding area.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
reviews: 8
2. Re: Moving to Stuttgart

Have a look at the Stuttgart forums on www.toytowngermany.com too. I'm sure you'll find answers to this and many other questions (or you can ask your own)

New York City, New...
reviews: 7
3. Re: Moving to Stuttgart

There are four international schools in Stuttgart. International School of Stuttgart, Swiss International School, Waldorf Schule, and the International Christian School of Stuttgart. Firstly look at where the main worker will be and work your way out from there. Toytown is a good source. Also look at: http://www.englishplaygroup.de/

Stuttgart, Germany
reviews: 5
4. Re: Moving to Stuttgart

I work at with the ISS and would recommend for you to live closer to Degerloch, or Moehringen or Stadt Mitte with good connections by train to Degerloch. Degerloch is a wonderful family area with easy access to Stuttgart. I currently live in Stuttgart Ost, which I enjoy and it only takes about 10 minutes to reach downtown by the U15, but I wouldn't mind moving closer to ISS to save both time and money. The families I teach highly recommend the Degerloch area. ISS has athletic programs, plus after school programs, and Sport Verein programs for your boys to participate in.

Stuttgart, Germany
reviews: 1
5. Re: Moving to Stuttgart

Hi

Hope, this is not to late. Don`t move to the Center. Stuttgart is in and around a couldron, an Degerloch, Möhringen and Vaihingen are up at the couldron, in whith in the summer it gets hot and muggy/ stuffily.

Use on of the planty "adventure- playgrounds "Abenteuerspielplatz" or `"Jugendfarm", there are very good on´s in Möhringen (www.jufa.de) und Vaihingen (abi-vaihingen)

We live in Stuttgart- Vaihingen,if you Need help: reply

Reply to: Moving to Stuttgart
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted