We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to propose in stuttgar

Which Stuttgart hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Istanbul
where to propose in stuttgar

hello to everyone

i will be in stuttgart in 2 weeks and will propose to my girl friend. i am looking for a romantic, good restaurant maybe which should have a good view.

thanks in advance for your answers :)

1. Re: where to propose in stuttgar

Probably the best view is from the Cube Restaurant on the top floor of the new museum. Kleiner Schlossplatz 1. I was there for dinner with another (male) attorney and it was STILL one of the most romantic evenings! :-) You would think that a table by the "window" (it's floor to ceiling glass, to not reallly a window) would be best. But we sat close to the center of the restaurant and so could get a view of more of Stuttgart. Food, service and price were also terrific. So it's not just the view that makes it special.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
reviews: 35
2. Re: where to propose in stuttgar

I don't consider the Cube Restaurant to be romantic, but you do have a nice view of central Stuttgart from it (including our former apartment), especially from the window seats.

For being romantic, I would suggest the Weinstube Kloesterle which is in Stuttgart's oldest house in Bad Cannstatt. The building was part of a former convent, hence the name. The food is very good and traditional Swabian. Get the table by itself in the small nook up the short staircase and you will be isolated from the rest of the diners but can look down on them. No views, but in my opinion, the most romantic place.

For a view, the Michelin-starred Wielandshoehe would be excellent. It sits on the south side of central Stuttgart on a hillside, and you take the cogwheel railway to reach it, which might be considered somewhat romantic in itself.

Another place to be considered is the restaurant at Solitude Palace just west of Stuttgart, or perhaps the restaurant by the palace Mons Repos in Ludwigsburg.

Istanbul
3. Re: where to propose in stuttgar

thank you very much for your answers! you really helped me too much. wish me luck :)

Marietta, Georgia
reviews: 68
4. Re: where to propose in stuttgar

Oh - all the best! Hope she says "YES"

Istanbul
5. Re: where to propose in stuttgar

just wanted to inform the results.. i went to speisemeisterei restaurant, it is a little bit far from the city centre, in hohenheim university campus. it was very elegant place. for the pictures, you can see the link. i highly recommend you if you want a special evening. there was a very nice room in the entrance and just me and my girlfriend was there.

www.speisemeisterei.de/de/7/FOTOGALERIE.html

by the way, she said yes! :)

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
reviews: 35
6. Re: where to propose in stuttgar

Congratulations!!!! I would have mentioned the Speisemeisterei restaurant as it used to be an excellent Michelin-starred one, but closed, and has reopened under new management and is supposed to be not as good as the older version of it.

For your information, there is also a museum of veterinary medicine and also one for agriculture that has many models of past farming machinery at the university.

7. Re: where to propose in stuttgar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, January 04, 2014