We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ritter sport museum

Which Stuttgart hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Germany
ritter sport museum

how do I get to ritter sport museum from stuttgart hbf/city?

Edited: 11:28 am, November 21, 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
reviews: 36
1. Re: ritter sport museum

If you drive, head south on Hwy 27 and there will be turnoffs for Waldenbuch. We usually leave Hwy 27 at Echterdingen and then follow the signs as this is a pleasant drive. At Waldenbuch, the factory can be seen to the west of town and there should also be signs. There is a small museum of chocolate manufacture, a larger museum of art in the form of squares (their permanent collection is excellent), and a large sales room at discounted prices. Waldenbuch also has an excellent museum of everyday life in the former palace, and it's interesting to roam around and note features of the palace itself.

By public transportation, use www.bahn.com . One way is by the bus that travels between the Stuttgart Airport and Tuebingen.

Germany
2. Re: ritter sport museum

I will be using public transportation. So there is only bus to the museum? how long does it take from the city to go there? estimated time :>

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
reviews: 36
3. Re: ritter sport museum

Use the www.bahn.com website for times. The bus stop is probably a half kilometer or more from the museum.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
4. Re: ritter sport museum

DB timetable

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

Start (x) Start/Stop: Stuttgart Hbf

Destination (x) POI: Waldenbuch, Museum Ritter

VVS tariff applies. You can buy a day ticket for EUR 9,70. Mini group (2-5 persons) day ticket is EUR 14,80. These tickets cover the complete trip (S-Bahn + bus).

Germany
5. Re: ritter sport museum

In this case which zone should I get? I found out that Waldenbuch is between zone 48 and 58, and I need to take bus from Leinfelden which is in zone 38.

According to this map: http://www.vvs.de/download/Tarifzonenplan.pdf

Edited: 4:56 pm, December 12, 2012
Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
6. Re: ritter sport museum

Do you now start from Leinfelden - no more from Stuttgart city?

If you query using the VVS timetable it will tell you also prices.

www2.vvs.de/vvs2/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2…

The resulting connection list has a column "Fare" with a "tickets + shopping cart" symbol for each connection. If you click on this symbol a page will pop up showing the numbers of zones needed and the various available tickets and their prices.

Germany
7. Re: ritter sport museum

Thanks a lot for the site, i will be travelling from the city to waldenbuch but need to transit at leinfelden, so i should buy the zones i travelled along the way if I'm not wrong.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
8. Re: ritter sport museum

You can buy from the ticket machines simply a ticket to Waldenbuch. You don't have to count zones by yourself. The machine knows the number of zones for this trip and will issue a ticket for this number of zones.

There is also a difference between single/day tickets and seasonal (e.g. monthly) tickets. With monthly tickets you need for Stuttgart city to Waldenbuch a ticket covering the zones 10, 20, 38 and 48. While with a day ticket you just buy a 4 zones ticket which you validate in zone 10. As such a ticket won't show the destination zone you could travel on this day from Stuttgart city to Waldenbuch, back to Stuttgart city, proceed to Marbach (zone 44) and again back to Stuttgart.

Edited: 7:54 pm, December 14, 2012
Germany
9. Re: ritter sport museum

I'm intending to get a day ticket, does that mean i input zone 10,20,38 and 48 for a 4 zones ticket? Or just simply 10,20 and 48 and i can pick another zone to travel to

Is it required to stamp on a day ticket?

Edited: 8:38 pm, December 14, 2012
Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
10. Re: ritter sport museum

"You can buy from the ticket machines simply a ticket to Waldenbuch. You don't have to count zones by yourself. "

And of course you don't have to input the zone numbers either.

> Is it required to stamp on a day ticket?

Depends where you buy from.

Ticket machines: issued for a date. No stamping required. You can change this date at the machines - default is today.

VVS sales points: you have to stamp the day ticket before first using it

Get answers to your questions about Stuttgart