We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve

Which Stuttgart hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 14
New Years Eve

Hi there,

We want to visit Germany over the new year period and one of the cities we are considering is Stuttgart – I was wondering how big an event NYE is in Stuttgart (and in Germany in general) and what the nightlife would be like, specifically on New Years Eve. We’re a couple, in our mid-twenties so would like to go clubbing – is there lots to choose from in Stuttgart ?

Also, are there any German New Years traditions we should be aware of/get involved in ?

Many thanks for any help you can offer,

Craig

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
reviews: 37
1. Re: New Years Eve

I can speak only of the midnight fireworks that are shot off all over town. As Stuttgart sits in a valley surrounded by hills on all sides, views are excellent from anywhere. As Germany's sixth largest city, there are also a number of clubs which I have never been to.

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 75
2. Re: New Years Eve

Berlin is much more the party city for NYE

Köln
3. Re: New Years Eve

It is true what was said about the many splendid views on the city that you can get from the hills surrounding Stuttgart. But the definitely best view (good weather conditions provided) is from the world's first television tower:

www.fernsehturmstuttgart.com/en/opening_hours

Will be open until well after midnight. The restaurant / café on the tower is nice too.

London, United...
4. Re: New Years Eve

Great, thank you guys

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
reviews: 17
5. Re: New Years Eve

One NY tradition that you should be aware of is watching "Dinner for one" on the TV. It will be on multiple times on many channels. See if you can find it - it's very short and then look it up on Wikipedia or similar to be astonished at what an unexpected broadcasting phenomenon this is - and virtually unknown in the UK.

BTW - in my opinion, Germany is the place to be for New Year. We've been to several cities and towns. Berlin is exceptional, though.

München
6. Re: New Years Eve

Hi,

here an event on top of a parking garage: Sky beach

de.amiando.com/TMNWTSS.html?page=829491

It is outdoors with DJ and hot drinks and you will have a great view over the entire town. Entrance is 25€ and you should make a reservation with the form I send you in advance, because they are sold out quick.

Noida, India
7. Re: New Years Eve

I had my apprehensions when I was contemplating celebrating New Year at Stuttgart. But I had a real good time, I tell you that much. The fireworks at midnight and the amazing view sure makes it all worth. Hauptbahnhof tower is a free climb and can give some breathtaking views. Spending day time at Mercedes-Benz Museum or some zoos isn’t a bad idea at all.

http://on.fb.me/TbBGpr - read about Stuttgart here to get a better idea on how you can spend your new year at the place. If you happen to be there at Christmas, then Weihnachtsmarkt would be a great place to spend time at

London, United...
8. Re: New Years Eve

Great stuff guys.

Berlin was on the list but I’m trying to use air miles and there are no direct flights left to Berlin over the NYE period with our airline. Plus I’ve been to Berlin before so would like to see another German city. Currently between Stuttgart and Frankfurt, but some of the info above is definitely making me want to go to Stuttgart more !

9. Re: New Years Eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, December 16, 2013