We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stuttgart beer festival 2003

Which Stuttgart hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NEWTOWNARDS, N...
reviews: 1
Stuttgart beer festival 2003

I have been asked to get some information for a group of around twenty who hope to go to the beer festival next year. We are hoping to do Wednesday to Monday which will give us five nights in the 'tents'. I was there a few years ago from Sunday to Wednesday and we had no problem getting into any of the 'tents' but I know the weekend is a totally different ballgame. I have been looking at some of the websites the last few nights to see about reservations but I would love to hear from some local experts who could give us a few tips. Hoping to book flights shortly and don't want to go there and be left outside - is it easy enough to book for a party of twenty and if so how far ahead should we do it?

The Belfast beer festival starts next week so that will give us a bit of early training!!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/tips.

Edited: 5:47 pm, November 13, 2012
NEWTOWNARDS, N...
1. Re: Stuttgart beer festival 2003

Sorry, that should of course be 2013!!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
reviews: 35
2. Re: Stuttgart beer festival 2003

You should mention which one you will be attending. The Spring beer festival in late April to early May is the world's largest Spring beer festival ( www.stuttgarter-fruehlingsfest.de ). The one in late September to early October is the world's second largest beer festival ( www.cannstatter-volksfest.de ). Both websites should have tent information where you can make your inquiries about bookings. Thursday through Saturday evenings the tents are most busy, and if the Fall festival, October 2 is also busy as the following day is a national holiday. I would always book places as early as possible, as tents will have yearly reservations for groups and might be hard to book.

NEWTOWNARDS, N...
3. Re: Stuttgart beer festival 2003

Thanks for that - we will be attending (hopefully) in the first week of October so will need to keep that holiday in mind.

Thanks,

Bournemouth, United...
reviews: 2
4. Re: Stuttgart beer festival 2003

If you are unsuccessful with reserving spaces in a tent, can you still buy beer outside or in the area of the volksfest?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
reviews: 35
5. Re: Stuttgart beer festival 2003

I believe that most of the places selling food also sell alcoholic beverages including beer. The tents usually also have some outdoor seating.

Stuttgart, Germany
6. Re: Stuttgart beer festival 2003

If you are still going in October, tickets usually go on sale a three to four months ahead of time but you have to be quick. They sell out within two to three days. A good tent is Gockelesmaier (Göckelesmaier Festbetriebs GmbH

Röckenwiesenstr. 76

70197 Stuttgart

Tel: 0711 - 6 56 79 33

Fax: 0711 - 6 56 79 348)

http://www.goeckelesmaier.de/

www.go

Stuttgart, Germany
7. Re: Stuttgart beer festival 2003

you can buy whole tables (10 spaces each) to be sure you get in.

8. Re: Stuttgart beer festival 2003

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, April 25, 2014